Words — 285 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. GreengrocerA greengrocer or fruiterer is a retail trader in fruit an... Read more
1. eight捌 is used in legal documents
八 【や】、８ 【はち】、８ 【や】、捌 【はち】、捌 【や】
八つ 【やつ】、８つ 【やっつ】、８つ 【やつ】
1. noisy; loud; clamorous; boisterousUsually written using kana alone
- Joe was not on speaking terms with his noisy neighbor.
2. much talked of; much-discussed; vexedUsually written using kana alone
- Public feeling against air pollution has at last became vocal.
3. strict; severe; sternUsually written using kana alone
- He is not very strict about it.
4. particular; fussy; fastidious; fault-finding; carpingUsually written using kana alone
- My father cares much about food.
八釜しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. between-meal snackUsually written using kana alone
- と 。
- Saburo snatched up all the snacks that were sitting on the table.
2. mid-afternoon (around 3 o'clock) snack; afternoon refreshment; afternoon teaSee also 八つ時
- た 。
- I had some custard pudding for an afternoon snack.
お八 【おやつ】、御八つ 【おやつ】
1. the eighth day of the month
- はじ 。
- School begins on April 8.
2. eight days
1. match fixing; put-up job; fixed game
2. Match fixingIn organised sports, match fixing or sports fixing occurs... Read more
1. eighty; 80
８０ 【やそ】、八十 【はちじゅう】、八十 【やそ】
やそ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. やそ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. venting one's anger (on someone or something); taking out one's anger on
八つあたり 【やつあたり】、八つ当り 【やつあたり】
1. eight-sided shape; octagon
2. OctagonIn geometry, an octagon (from the Greek ὀκτάγωνον oktágōn... Read more
八角形 【はっかっけい】、８角形 【はっかくけい】、８角形 【はっかっけい】
1. in 8 or 9 cases out of ten; in all probabilityYojijukugo (four character compound)
十中八九 【じゅうちゅうはっく】、十中八九 【じゅっちゅうはっく】
1. sink or swim; all or nothing; hit or miss; make or break
1. everybody's friend; person who is affable to everybodyoft. used derogatively
2. flawlessly beautiful woman; flawless beauty
1. bystander's vantage point; outsider's better grasp of the situationYojijukugo (four character compound)
- As a disinterested third-party, I can declare that she secretly loves him.
2. onlookers see more of the game than the players do; people watching a game of go see 8 moves further ahead
- はな 、
- Like the saying that things are seen clearest from outside I wish he'd leave the association for a time and take a look at Japanese soccer.
1. one's favourite party trick (favorite); one's specialty; one's forte
2. No. 18; eighteenthOnly applies to じゅうはちばん
3. repertoire of 18 kabuki playsAbbreviation, Only applies to じゅうはちばん, See also 歌舞伎十八番
- That's his specialty.
御箱 【おはこ】、十八番 【じゅうはちばん】
1. all doors closed; blocked in every direction; cornered