Words — 1164 found
1. admission (to a school or university); entrance; enrolment; enrollment; matriculation
2. MatriculationMatriculation, in the broadest sense, means to be registe... Read more
1. closet (built into the wall of a room); (built-in) wardrobe
2. ClosetA closet (especially in North American usage) is a small ... Read more
押し入れ 【おしいれ】、押入 【おしいれ】
1. to enter; to come in; to go in; to get in; to arriveAntonym: 出る
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. to join (a club, company, etc.); to enter (a university, the army, etc.); to enroll (in); to go into (e.g. politics); to get into
- はい 。
- A burglar broke into your house while you were away on vacation.
3. to be contained (in); to be included (in); to be inside (e.g. a box); to come under (a heading); to belong (in a category)
- If he could pass for eighteen years old, he'd join the army.
4. to (be able to) fit (in a container, building, etc.); to be (able to be) held; to be (able to be) accommodated
- People under eighteen aren't supposed to buy alcoholic drinks.
5. to be introduced; to be brought in; to be installed
- げっしゅう ２０００
- はい 。
- He has a monthly income of 2,000 dollars.
6. to be received; to be obtained
7. to be scored (of points); to be won (of votes)
8. to turn on; to start functioning; to start working
9. to enter (a month, season, etc.); to reach (e.g. a climax); to get to (e.g. the main topic); to enter into (e.g. negotiations); to start (doing); to begin
10. to form (of a crack, fissure, etc.); to develop
11. to be put in (of effort, spirit, feeling, etc.); to be applied (e.g. of strength)
12. to be ready (of tea, coffee, etc.); to be made
13. to enter the body (of alcohol); to become drunk
這入る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to put in; to let in; to take in; to bring in; to insert; to install (e.g. software); to set (a jewel, etc.); to ink in (e.g. tattoo)
- I put it in the drawer.
2. to admit; to accept; to employ; to hire
- Can foreign students be in the club?
3. to accept; to comply; to grant; to adopt (a policy, etc.); to take (advice, etc.); to listen to; to pay attention toesp. 容れる
4. to include
5. to pay (one's rent, etc.)
6. to cast (a vote)
7. to make (tea, coffee, etc.)See also 淹れる
- Do you want me to make coffee?
8. to turn on (a switch, etc.)
- It's very warm. Shall I turn on the air conditioner?
9. to send (a fax); to call
容れる 【いれる】、函れる 【いれる】
容れる: Rarely-used kanji form. 函れる: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. bathing; going in the bath
2. BathingBathing is the washing or cleansing of the body with a fl... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. entry (in a form, register, diary, etc.); filling in; filling out
1. entrance; admission; entering
1. to like; to be pleased with; to be delighted with; to take a liking to; to suit one's fancy
1. invasion; incursion; raid; aggression; intrusion; trespass; penetration; hacking
1. care; looking after; repair; maintenance; tending; trimming; grooming
- I would like you to assist me with my gardening.
2. (police) raid; crackdown
- う 。
- The main office was raided by the police.
1. going in and out; entering and exiting
2. visiting regularly; frequenting; having regular dealings with
3. income and expenditure; incomings and outgoings
4. increase and decrease; surplus and deficit; fluctuation
5. fight; trouble; quarrel; dispute
6. indentations (e.g. of a coastline)
出入り 【ではいり】、出這入り 【ではいり】
1. joining a company; getting a job with a company; starting work at a company
1. to harvest; to reap
2. to take in; to gather in
- くだ 。
- Please bring in the washing.
3. to adopt (e.g. idea); to accept (e.g. advice); to introduce; to borrow (e.g. word)
- We do not always take his advice.
採り入れる 【とりいれる】、取入れる 【とりいれる】、取りいれる 【とりいれる】
1. container; case; receptacle
- The eye socket is the bone receptacle in which the eye fits.
2. coffin; casket, See also 棺
容れ物 【いれもの】、入物 【いれもの】、容物 【いれもの】
入物: Irregular okurigana usage. 容物: Irregular okurigana usage.