1. to put in; to let in; to take in; to bring in; to insert; to install (e.g. software); to set (a jewel, etc.); to ink in (e.g. tattoo)
2. to admit; to accept; to employ; to hire
3. to accept; to comply; to grant; to adopt (a policy, etc.); to take (advice, etc.); to listen to; to pay attention toesp. 容れる
4. to include
5. to pay (one's rent, etc.)
6. to cast (a vote)
7. to make (tea, coffee, etc.)See also 淹れる
8. to turn on (a switch, etc.)
9. to send (a fax); to call
容れる 【いれる】、函れる 【いれる】
容れる: Rarely-used kanji form. 函れる: Rarely-used kanji form.
Log in to talk about this word.