Words — 25 found
1. shade; shadow
- Let's sit down in the shade of that tree.
2. behind (something); other side; back
- だれ ？
- Who is hiding behind the curtain?
3. background; behind the scenes; behind someone's back
- You should not speak ill of others behind their backs.
4. gloom (in someone's expression, nature, etc.); darkness
蔭 【かげ】、翳 【かげ】
1. malicious gossip; backbiting; speaking ill behind someone's back
蔭口 【かげぐち】、影口 【かげぐち】
影口: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. shadow (e.g. on someone's happiness); cloud; shade; gloom
1. body double; doubleorig. of a military leader
2. wire puller; person behind the scenes; shadow commander
1. homosexual prostitute who sold his favors at banquets (Edo period)Archaism
2. (kabuki) actor-in-trainingArchaism
3. KagemaKagema (陰間) is a historical Japanese term for young male ... Read more
1. secretly slitting one's belly (and only eventually revealing one's mortal wound) (in kabuki, bunraku, etc.)
1. to darken; to get dark; to be clouded; to be hidden (behind clouds)
1. minor festival (held in place of a larger festival that is not recurring every year)See also 本祭り
1. drying in the shade
陰干し 【かげぼし】、陰干 【かげぼし】、陰乾 【かげぼし】
陰干: Irregular okurigana usage. 陰乾: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. secretly (cheer, pray, etc. for someone); in secret; from the sidelines; at a distanceUsually written using kana alone