1. to avoid (physical contact with)Only applies to よける
- The speeding car missed the child, who ran out into the road, by only a hairsbreadth.
2. to avoid (situation)Only applies to さける
- You might avoid an unpleasant experience.
3. to ward off; to avert
4. to put aside; to move out of the wayOnly applies to よける
避ける 【よける】、除ける 【よける】
1. to remove; to eliminate; to eradicate
- The doctor released him from his pain.
2. to exclude; to exceptSee also 除いて のぞいて
- のぞ 、
- はな 。
- Except for pronunciation, everyone can speak good French.
1. snow removal
2. Snow removalSnow removal is the job of removing snow after a snowfall... Read more
1. gradually; steadily; slowly; little by little; step by step; by degrees
徐徐に 【じょじょに】、除々に 【じょじょに】、除除に 【じょじょに】
除々に: Irregular kanji usage. 除除に: Irregular kanji usage.
1. slow; gradual; steadyArchaism
2. calm; composed; relaxedArchaism
2. HerbicideHerbicides, also commonly known as weedkillers, are pesti... Read more
1. military discharge
2. Military dischargeA military discharge is given when a member of the armed ... Read more
1. to put something out of the way; to move (something, someone) asideSee also 退ける どける
2. to remove; to exclude; to take awayOnly applies to 除ける
3. to set aside; to keep apart
4. to remove (someone) from the group; to shun
5. to do well despite difficulties; to accomplish despite adversityUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
6. to do resolutely; to do boldlyUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb