Words — 68 found
1. end; finish; stop
- His curiosity knew no bounds.
- はや 、
- You should call your mother as soon as possible.
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)esp. 限り,限
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in jōruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
- You will fail unless you work harder.
5. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (e.g. fish, meat)
- ほんげつ ２５
- こと 。
- Tuition fees must be paid not later than the 25th of this month.
6. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っ切り っきり, senses 6-8 are sometimes pronounced ぎり, esp. in old-fashioned speech
7. since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence
8. remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone
限り 【きり】、限 【きり】
限: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to restrict; to limit; to confine
2. to be restricted to; to be limited to; to be confined to
3. to be best (for); to be the best plan; to be the only way (to)as ...は...に限る
1. limit; bounds
1. limit; limits; bounds
2. degree; extent; scope
3. the end; the last
- さけ 。
- He shouted at the top of his voice.
4. as long as ...; as far as ...; as much as ...; to the limits of ...; all of ...after an adjective, verb, or noun
5. unless ...after neg. verb
6. (not) included in ...; (not) part of ...usu. as 〜の限りではない
7. ... only (e.g. "one time only", "today only")
8. end of one's life; final moments; deathArchaism
9. funeral; burialArchaism
1. restrictive (use)linguistics terminology
- げんていようほう 、②
- じょじゅつようほう 。②
- There are two ways of using the infinitive as an adjective, 1. attributive, 2. predicative. Naturally 2. is a subject complement.
1. just barely; only just; at the very limit; at the last momentOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
1. critical situation
2. Limit situationLimit situation describes certain situations in which a h... Read more
1. marginal utility
2. Marginal utilityIn economics, the marginal utility of a good or service i... Read more
1. marginal cost
2. Marginal costIn economics and finance, marginal cost is the change in ... Read more
1. determiner; qualifier; determinativelinguistics terminology
2. Determiner (linguistics)A determiner is a noun-modifier that expresses the refere... Read more
1. limited war
2. Limited warA limited war is a conflict in which the belligerents par... Read more