Words — 70 found
1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
- と 。
- The plane flew over the mountain.
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- と か。
- How high can you jump?
3. to spatter; to scatter; to splash; to fly (e.g. of sparks)
4. to hurry; to rush
- かんが 。
- She thought of the fine autumn day when she had rushed home from school with the good news; she was chosen to be on the relay team.
5. to flee; to run off; to escape
6. to disappear; to vanish; to fade; to thin out
7. to break off; to come off; to fall off; to blow (of a fuse)
- と 。
- A fuse has blown.
8. to be sent out (of an order); to fly (of false rumours, catcalls, etc.)
- と 。
- Word is passing that the Prime Minister is seriously ill.
9. to come flying (of a punch, kick, etc.)
10. to be missing (of a page, stitch, etc.); to skip; to jump (e.g. of a conversation)
- と 。
- He frequently jumps from one topic to another while he is talking.
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to jump out; to rush out; to fly out
- The speeding car missed the child, who ran out into the road, by only a hairsbreadth.
2. to appear (suddenly)
3. to protrude; to project
- とびだ 。
- The cartilage has slipped out here.
4. to butt in
5. to run away (e.g. from home); to break away; to cut ties with (e.g. workplace)
飛びだす 【とびだす】、飛出す 【とびだす】、跳び出す 【とびだす】、跳びだす 【とびだす】
1. to jump; to leap; to prance; to spring up; to bound; to hop
- Look at the dog jump.
2. to break up; to close; to come to an end
3. to hit (e.g. to have a car hit something or someone)instead of 撥ねる
1. to jump down; to jump off; to jump from; to jump out of
飛び降りる 【とびおりる】、跳び降りる 【とびおりる】、飛降りる 【とびおりる】
1. to jump over; to clear; to walk over (someone)
1. to fly about; to skip about; to bustle about
飛びまわる 【とびまわる】、跳び回る 【とびまわる】、跳びまわる 【とびまわる】、飛回る 【とびまわる】、跳回る 【とびまわる】
1. to jump up; to spring up
2. to jump (market, price, etc.); to rise sharply; to skyrocket
3. to act rashly; to jump the gun
はね上がる 【はねあがる】、跳ね上る 【はねあがる】
1. to rebound; to recoil; to spring back up; to bounce back
2. to splash
3. to have a repercussion; to have a reciprocal effect
1. to jump at; to be attracted by
飛びつく 【とびつく】、跳び付く 【とびつく】、跳びつく 【とびつく】、飛付く 【とびつく】、跳付く 【とびつく】
1. to spring at; to leap upon; to swoop down on; to throw oneself upon (e.g. an enemy)
飛びかかる 【とびかかる】、跳び掛かる 【とびかかる】、跳びかかる 【とびかかる】
1. to jump (out of the way); to jump back; to jump aside
飛びのく 【とびのく】、跳び退く 【とびのく】、跳びのく 【とびのく】
1. to jump up and down; to hop
跳びはねる 【とびはねる】、飛びはねる 【とびはねる】、跳び跳ねる 【とびはねる】、飛跳ねる 【とびはねる】
1. to push aside; to brush or thrust aside; to remove; to get rid ofUsually written using kana alone
はね除ける 【はねのける】、撥ね退ける 【はねのける】、跳ねのける 【はねのける】、撥ね除ける 【はねのける】、はね退ける 【はねのける】、撥ねのける 【はねのける】
1. to spring; to jump up; to fly up; to skip
飛び上がる 【とびあがる】、跳上がる 【とびあがる】、飛上がる 【とびあがる】
1. long horse (for vaulting)
2. Vault (gymnastics)The vault is an artistic gymnastics apparatus, as well as... Read more
1. to project; to protrude; to pop out (e.g. eyes)
2. to jump out; to rush out
とび出る 【とびでる】、跳び出る 【とびでる】