Words — 24 found
1. kan (obs. unit of weight, approx. 3.75 kg, 8.3 lb)
2. kan (obs. unit of currency, equiv. to 1000 mon in the Edo period; col. 10 mon in the Meiji period)
3. counter for pieces of sushi
4. 10 pointsHanafuda
5. 12 pointsHanafuda
1. to go through; to pierce; to penetrate
- つらぬ 。
- The light penetrates the darkness.
2. to run through (e.g. a river through a city); to pass through
- ながれ 。
- A broad river runs through the city.
3. to stick to (opinion, principles, etc.); to carry out; to persist with; to keep (e.g. faith); to maintain (e.g. independence)
- つらぬ 。
- The devout Christian persists in his belief.
1. passing through (of a tunnel, bullet, etc.); going (right) through; penetrating; piercing
2. being well versed (in)Archaism
1. accomplishment; realization; attainment; fulfillment; achievement
2. penetration; pervasionnon-standard usage
1. bar; bolt (e.g. on door); latchUsually written using kana alone
2. double-arm lockSumo, Usually written using kana alone
3. (rope) cinchingUsually written using kana alone
閂 【かんのき】、貫木 【かんぬき】、貫木 【かんのき】
かんのき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かんのき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lacking enough gravity for (a position, task); being an insignificant figure for (a position)
1. registered domicile in the family registerArchaism
2. being under the control of a local authorityObsolete term, Meiji era term
1. having great (impressive, commanding) presence; having an air of importance; having enough gravity for (a position)