Words — 22 found
1. kan (obs. unit of weight, approx. 3.75 kg, 8.3 lb)
2. kan (obs. unit of currency)
3. pieces of sushi
1. to go through; to pierce; to penetrate
- つらぬ 。
- The light penetrates the darkness.
2. to run through (e.g. a river through a city); to pass through
- ながれ 。
- A broad river runs through the city.
3. to stick to (opinion, principles, etc.); to carry out; to persist with; to keep (e.g. faith); to maintain (e.g. independence)
- つらぬ 。
- The devout Christian persists in his belief.
1. piercing; penetrating; perforating; passing through
2. being well versed (in something)
1. bar; bolt (e.g. on door); latchUsually written using kana alone
2. double-arm lock (wrestling)Sports term, Usually written using kana alone
閂 【かんのき】、貫木 【かんぬき】、貫木 【かんのき】
かんのき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かんのき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lacking enough gravity for (a position, task); being an insignificant figure for (a position)Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. having great (impressive, commanding) presence; having an air of importance; having enough gravity for (a position)Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. simple type of clothing consisting of a large piece of cloth with a hole in the middle for the head