1. abrupt; sudden; unexpected
1. to prick; to stab
- I pricked my thumb with a needle.
2. to poke; to prod; to push; to thrust; to nudge; to hit; to strike
3. to use (a cane); to prop oneself up with; to press against (the floor, etc.)
- Stop resting your elbows on the table.
4. to attack
5. to brave (the rain, etc.)
衝く 【つく】、撞く 【つく】、捺く 【つく】
1. to thrust (something) into (something); to cram; to stuff; to shove
- ある 。
- A boy was walking with his hands in his pockets.
2. to plunge into; to charge into; to rush into; to ram into; to crash into
- い 。
- We plunged into the cave opening on our boat and continued on.
3. to delve into (a matter); to go into depth; to get to the heart (of something)
- He's doing in-depth research on ancient history.
4. to press (someone) about; to point out (e.g. an inconsistency); to question sharply; to grill
5. to get involved with; to meddle in; to poke one's nose intoSee also 首を突っ込む
- Stop sticking your nose into other people's business.
6. to riposte; to retort; to quip
突っこむ 【つっこむ】、突込む 【つっこむ】
1. to run into; to collide with; to crash into; to bump against
2. to come to the end of (a street)
3. to run into (difficulties, problems, etc.); to run up against
突き当る 【つきあたる】、衝き当たる 【つきあたる】、衝き当る 【つきあたる】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. end (of a street, hallway, etc.)
突き当り 【つきあたり】、突当り 【つきあたり】、突きあたり 【つきあたり】、つき当たり 【つきあたり】、突当たり 【つきあたり】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. breaking through; breakthrough; penetration
2. surmounting; overcoming
3. exceeding; passing
1. suddenly; all of a sudden
Common word Links
1. rushing into; breaking into; storming
2. plunging into (war, etc.); embarking on (a new venture)
1. to poke (repeatedly, lightly); to nudgeUsually written using kana alone
- だ 。
- It's not good to wake a sleeping snake.
2. to peck at (one's food); to pick at
- た 。
- Woodpeckers peck tree trunks with their long pointed beaks and eat insects found there.
3. to peck at (someone's faults, etc.)
4. to egg on; to put up to
突付く 【つつく】、突つく 【つつく】
突付く: Irregular kanji usage. 突つく: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to stab; to pierce; to thrust
突きさす 【つきさす】、突刺す 【つきさす】、つき刺す 【つきさす】
1. to pierce through; to break through
1. to determine (esp. a culprit or underlying cause); to pin down; to ascertain; to locate; to identify
2. to stab to deathArchaism, See also 突き殺す
突きとめる 【つきとめる】、突止める 【つきとめる】、突き留める 【つきとめる】
1. to project; to stick out; to stand out
突出る 【つきでる】、つき出る 【つきでる】、突きでる 【つきでる】
1. to push out; to project; to stick out
2. to hand over (e.g. to the police)
突出す 【つきだす】、つき出す 【つきだす】、突きだす 【つきだす】、突出す 【つんだす】、つん出す 【つんだす】、突ん出す 【つんだす】