Words — 125 found
1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and mute.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
9. chance to succeed; possibilitySee also 目がない
10. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
11. grain (of wood)
12. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
13. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chess board)
14. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
15. graduation; division (of a scale)
16. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
17. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
18. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ
19. point (e.g. of change)See also 変わり目, following -masu stem
20. EyeEyes are organs that detect light and convert it into ele... Read more
1. eye; eyeball
2. pupil and (dark) iris of the eyeArchaism
3. insight; perceptivity; power of observationArchaism
4. look; field of visionArchaism
5. core; center; centre; essenceArchaism
1. glasses; eyeglasses; spectaclesUsually written using kana alone
2. judgment; judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to めがね, Only applies to メガネ
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. eyelidUsually written using kana alone
目蓋 【まぶた】、眼蓋 【まぶた】、瞼 【まなぶた】
まなぶた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. look (in someone's eyes); expression (of the eyes); eyes
目付き 【めつき】、眼つき 【めつき】、眼付き 【めつき】、眼付 【めつき】
眼つき: Irregular kanji usage. 眼付き: Irregular kanji usage. 眼付: Irregular kanji usage, Irregular okurigana usage.
1. eye socket; orbitAnatomical term
2. Orbit (anatomy)In anatomy, the orbit is the cavity or socket of the skul... Read more
眼窠 【がんか】、眼窩 【がんわ】
1. eye mucus; eye discharge; sleep
2. Mucopurulent dischargeMucopurulent discharge is the emission or secretion of fl... Read more
目脂 【めやに】、眼脂 【めやに】、目ヤニ 【めヤニ】、目脂 【がんし】、眼脂 【がんし】
1. to be visible
- The number of visible stars is very great.
2. to be clear; to be evident; to be certain; to be definite
- The Giants were well on the way to defeat.
眼に見える 【めにみえる】、目にみえる 【めにみえる】、眼にみえる 【めにみえる】
1. in front of one's eyes; just nearby; within a stone's throw
1. eyes; expression of the eyes
2. area around the eyes; skin round one's eyesorig.meaning
目もと 【めもと】、目許 【めもと】、眼元 【めもと】、眼許 【めもと】
眼元: Irregular kanji usage. 眼許: Irregular kanji usage.