Words — 76 found
1. town; block; neighbourhood; neighborhoodesp. 町
- Snow completely covered the town.
2. downtown; main streetOnly applies to 街
- New York's Fifth Avenue is comparable to Ginza.
3. street; road
4. 109.09 mOnly applies to 町, Only applies to ちょう
5. 0.99 hectaresOnly applies to 町, Only applies to ちょう
街 【まち】、町 【ちょう】
1. townscape; street (of stores and houses); (look of) stores and houses on street
町並 【まちなみ】、街並み 【まちなみ】、街並 【まちなみ】
1. outskirts (of a town); edge (of a town); just outside the city limits
街外れ 【まちはずれ】、町はずれ 【まちはずれ】、街はずれ 【まちはずれ】
1. (Edo-period) town magistrate
2. Machi-bugyōMachi-bugyō were samurai officials of the Tokugawa shogun... Read more
1. townspeople; townsfolk; commoner; civilian; merchant; tradesman; tradeswoman; tradespeople; artisan; members of the lowest Edo-period social class (comprising commoners not involved in farming)
2. Chōninwas a social class that emerged in Japan during the early... Read more
まちにん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. town planning; urban development; community development; creating a communityUsually written using kana alone
町づくり 【まちづくり】、街作り 【まちづくり】、町作り 【まちづくり】
1. townhouse (i.e. house in the middle of a town); traditional townhouse
2. tradesman's house (esp. a home with a shop in front); merchant's house; merchant's family
町屋 【まちや】、町家 【ちょうか】
1. the whole town; all over the town; throughout the town
- My cousin took me around the town.
街中 【まちじゅう】、町じゅう 【まちじゅう】、街じゅう 【まちじゅう】