Words — 32 found
1. town; block; neighbourhood; neighborhoodesp. 町
- Snow completely covered the town.
2. downtown; main streetOnly applies to 街
- New York's Fifth Avenue is comparable to Ginza.
3. street; road
4. 109.09 mOnly applies to 町, Only applies to ちょう
5. 0.99 hectaresOnly applies to 町, Only applies to ちょう
街 【まち】、町 【ちょう】
1. chōnin (Edo-period social class of town-dwelling commoners, esp. landowning merchants); townspeople; townsfolk; tradespeopleHistorical term
2. Chōninwas a social class that emerged in Japan during the early... Read more
まちにん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. townhouse (i.e. house in the middle of a town); traditional townhouse
2. tradesman's house (esp. a home with a shop in front); merchant's house; merchant's family
町屋 【まちや】、町家 【ちょうか】
1. neighborhood association; neighbourhood association
2. ChōnakaiA chōnaikai is a Japanese local community of citizens or ... Read more
1. stupa-shaped stone distance indicators placed at intervals of one chō (approx. 109 meters) on a temple approach
1. roadside stone distance indicators placed at intervals of one chō (approx. 109 meters)See also 町 ちょう