Words — 146 found
1. to burn
- Could you cook this meat a little more?
2. to roast; to broil; to grill; to bake; to toast; to barbecue
- I'd like two prints of each.
3. to heat; to heat up
- おも 。
- I am going to try to get a good tan.
4. to make (charcoal, pottery, bricks, etc.); to bake; to fire; to burn
- I hear that you can burn CDs with Windows XP; could you tell me a website that explains the procedures involved?
5. to tan (i.e. suntan); to burnSee also 灼く やく
6. to print (a photo); to burn (an optical disc)
7. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 妬く やく
燬く 【やく】、焚く 【やく】
燬く: Out-dated kanji. 焚く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to burn; to be roasted; to be heated; to be sunburnt; to fade (in the sun); to glow red (i.e. of the sky at sunset)Only applies to 焼ける
- や 。
- This toast is not done enough.
2. to be jealous; to be envious
灼ける 【やける】、妬ける 【やける】
1. yakiniku; Japanese dish of grilled meat similar to Korean barbecueFood term
2. roasted meat; grillFood term
3. YakinikuYakiniku (焼き肉 or 焼肉), meaning "grilled meat", is a Japane... Read more
1. shōchū; Japanese spirit distilled from sweet potatoes, rice, etc.
2. Shōchūis a Japanese distilled beverage. It is typically distill... Read more
1. jealousyUsually written using kana alone
- Jealousy is an enemy to friendship.
2. roasted rice cake
焼もち 【やきもち】、焼き餠 【やきもち】、焼き餅 【やきもち】、焼餅 【やきもち】
1. brand (burnt-in mark of identification); branding iron
2. Livestock brandingLivestock branding is a technique for marking livestock s... Read more
1. to be scorched into; to be seared into
2. to make a strong impression; to be etched in (one's memory)
焼きつく 【やきつく】、焼付く 【やきつく】
1. printing (e.g. photos)
- おねが 。
- Please develop and print this film.
2. glazing; enamelling; baking