Words — 36 found
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. absurd; unreasonable; nonsensical; preposterous; incoherentUsually written using kana alone
2. extreme; senseless; reckless; wantonUsually written using kana alone
- I feel a lot better now, but I know Dad's going to be real upset.
3. disorderly; chaotic; confused; messyUsually written using kana alone
- The earthquake smashed everything.
4. incredibly; really; so; superUsually written using kana alone
目茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to go to ruin; to go under; to fall; to be destroyed; to die out; to become extinct; to perish
1. downfall; ruin; collapse; destruction
1. to destroy; to overthrow; to wreck; to ruin
亡ぼす 【ほろぼす】、滅す 【ほろぼす】
滅す: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word Links
1. thoughtless; reckless; careless; rash
2. seldom; rareSee also 滅多に めったに, with neg. verb
3. ordinary; usual; common
4. excessive; immoderate; extremeArchaism
滅多: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word Links
1. disorderly; messy; ruinedUsually written using kana alone
- Who's gone and messed up my list of names?
2. absurd; unreasonable; excessive; rashUsually written using kana alone
3. very; extremelyUsually written using kana alone
目茶目茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶滅茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. plating (chrome, gold, silver, etc.); coating; gilding; giltUsually written using kana alone
- This iron sheet is coated with tin.
2. pretense; pretence; simulationUsually written using kana alone
- He has finally shown his true colors.
滅金 【めっき】、鍍金 【ときん】、メッキ
1. selfless devotionYojijukugo (four character compound)
めっしぼうこう: Irregular kana usage.
1. to be ruined; to go under; to perish; to be destroyedSee also 滅びる
1. extraordinarily; astonishingly; extremely; terribly; unreasonably; absurdlyUsually written using kana alone
1. to sink (into); to cave in; to get stuck in
減り込む 【めりこむ】、滅り込む 【めりこむ】
滅り込む: Irregular kanji usage.
1. reckless; indiscriminateYojijukugo (four character compound), Usually written using kana alone
滅多矢鱈: Ateji (phonetic) reading.