Words — 109 found
1. swing; shake; wave; swinging
2. appearance; behaviourUsually written using kana alone
- Learn wisdom from the faults of others.
3. pretence (pretense); show; pretending (to)Usually written using kana alone, See also 振りをする, oft. after a noun+の or verb in the dictionary form
- I affected not to understand what he was saying.
4. going to restaurant, hotel etc. without a reservation or introductionUsually written using kana alone
5. move (dance); postures
6. lead in (e.g. to a running joke, asking a question); lead upUsually written using kana alone, See also 前振り, oft. as フリ
7. unsewn part of a hanging sleeve on a traditional Japanese woman's garment
8. counter for swords, blades, etc.
9. not wearing underwear or pantsArchaism
10. WindWind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, win... Read more
1. to wave; to shake; to swing
- ふ 。
- I shook my head a few times.
2. to sprinkle; to throw (dice)
3. to cast (actor); to allocate (work)
4. to turn down (somebody); to reject; to jilt; to dump
- You were about to dump her flat out, weren't you?
5. to abandon; to give up; to ruin
6. to add kana indicating a reading of a wordSee also 振り仮名
7. to slightly change headings; to change directions
8. to extract by broiling; to prepare an infusion of; to decoct
9. to carry with great vigor (e.g. a portable shrine)
10. to bring up a topic; to lead to a topic
11. to replace; to substitute
12. to set up a joke for somebody else
1. to behave; to conduct oneself
- If you are a student, behave as such.
2. to entertain; to treat someone (to a drink); to make tea for someone (tea ceremony)
- She treated me to a cup of tea.
1. shaking (something) out
- I will be back to square one and have to take the classes over.
2. starting point; beginning; outset
3. drawing (e.g. of a bill); issue; draft
4. throw (of dice)
5. infusion (remedy)Abbreviation, See also 振り出し薬
6. shaker (e.g. saltshaker)
振出し 【ふりだし】、振出 【ふりだし】、振り出 【ふりだし】
1. amplitudePhysics terminology
2. AmplitudeAmplitude is the magnitude of change in the oscillating v... Read more
振幅 【ふりはば】、振り幅 【ふりはば】
1. behavior; behaviour; conduct
振舞い 【ふるまい】、振るまい 【ふるまい】、振舞 【ふるまい】
1. to turn head; to look over one's shoulder; to turn around; to look back
2. to think back (on); to reminisce; to look back (on); to reflect (on)
振りかえる 【ふりかえる】、ふり返る 【ふりかえる】、振返る 【ふりかえる】
1. to wield; to brandish; to flourish; to wave (about); to swing
2. to display (one's knowledge); to show off
3. to abuse (one's power)
4. to manipulate someone
振りまわす 【ふりまわす】、振回す 【ふりまわす】
1. to make a payment via bank deposit transfer
2. to discard another player's winning tileMahjong term
1. transfer; switching over; change
2. money transfer (usu. between accounts held by the same person)
3. postal transferAbbreviation, See also 郵便振替
振り替え 【ふりかえ】、振替え 【ふりかえ】、振り替 【ふりかえ】
1. to shake off; to shake free from
2. to swing completely (bat, club, etc.); to take a full swing
3. to break off from (pursuer); to pull away
- The prisoner broke away from the guards who were holding him.
4. to reject (request); to ignore
1. oscillation; vibration; swing (e.g. of a pendulum)
2. OscillationOscillation is the repetitive variation, typically in tim... Read more
1. to turn one's face; to turn around; to look over one's shoulder
1. to muster (one's strength)
- だ 。
- He used all his strength to crawl out of the wrecked car.
2. to strain (e.g. one's voice)
- もと 。
- We shouted for help at the tops of our voices.
振りしぼる 【ふりしぼる】、振絞る 【ふりしぼる】
1. to shake out
2. to draw a check (bill, draft, etc.); to issue (e.g. money order)
3. to infuse (e.g. in hot water)
- Checks should be made payable to the ABC Company.
1. to divide in two; to divide in half
2. to apportion; to divide among; to portion out; to allot; to assign
1. long-sleeved kimono
2. FurisodeA furisode is a style of kimono distinguishable by its lo... Read more
振袖 【ふりそで】、振りそで 【ふりそで】