Words — 39 found
1. to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- よ 、
- He will come if you call him.
2. to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- い 。
- You invited me to your party, but I can't make it this time.
3. to invite
- たず 。
- "Are you sure you want to call the police?" I asked her.
4. to designate; to name; to brand
- よ 。
- This movie has won great popularity.
5. to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- You will be called Cephas.
6. to take as one's wifeArchaism, See also 娶る
喚ぶ: Rarely-used kanji form.
招待 【しょうだい】、請待 【しょうたい】、請待 【しょうだい】
しょうだい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しょうだい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to invite; to ask
- We are going to invite Jane and Ellen.
2. to beckon; to wave someone in; to gesture to
- まね 。
- The policeman beckoned to me with his forefinger.
3. to call in; to send for; to summon
4. to bring on oneself; to cause; to incur; to lead to; to result in
- まね 。
- My mistake incurred his anger.
1. uninvited guest
2. Guess Who's Coming to DinnerGuess Who's Coming to Dinner is a 1967 American drama fil... Read more
1. invitation; summons; bidding (e.g. to host the Olympics); calling
招請 【しょうじょう】、招請 【ちょうしょう】、召請 【しょうせい】、召請 【しょうじょう】、召請 【ちょうしょう】
1. beckoning cat; figure of a cat with one paw raised (usu. white porcelain)
2. Maneki-nekoThe Maneki-neko (招き猫, literally "Beckoning Cat"; also kno... Read more