Words — 105 found
1. to break; to fracture; to break off; to snap off; to pick (e.g. flowers)
- お 。
- The last straw breaks the camel's back.
2. to fold; to bend
- Her fingers were too weak to fold it.
3. to make (origami)
4. to interrupt; to endSee also 筆を折る
1. to break; to be broken; to snap; to fracture
2. to be folded
3. to give in; to back down; to yield; to submit
- お 。
- At last, the bus company gave in.
4. to turn (a corner)See also 曲がる
1. with trouble; at great painsUsually written using kana alone
2. rare; valuable; precious; long-awaitedUsually written using kana alone
3. kind; generousUsually written using kana alone
4. specially; especially; expresslyUsually written using kana alone
1. to tear off; to peel off; to rip off; to strip off; to skin; to flay; to bark
2. to strip of (clothes, rank, etc.); to deprive of; to divest ofOnly applies to はぐ
剥ぐ 【へぐ】、剝ぐ 【へぐ】、折ぐ 【へぐ】
1. origami; art of paper folding
2. hallmark; certificate of authenticity
3. Origamiis the traditional Japanese art of paper folding, which s... Read more
1. agreement (e.g. business, dispute); understanding; compromise; settlement
2. mutual relations (between family members, coworkers, etc.)
1. by return; (call or write back) without delay
- つた 。
- I'll tell him to call you back.
2. lapel; cuff; turn-up; flap
3. going back; returning; turn (marathon, swimming, etc.)
4. chorus; refrain
5. shuttle service
6. aliasing (in imaging)
7. back-to-back; BTBComputer terminology
8. wrapping (text on computer screen); wrapComputer terminology
1. to reach an agreement; to come to an understanding; to compromise (with); to meet halfway
- おりあ 。
- They came to terms with the union leaders.
2. to get along well with
- おも 。
- I am afraid they can't get along very well.
1. to bend; to turn up; to turn down; to double
1. to turn up (hem, sleeves, etc.); to fold back (e.g. page)
2. to turn back; to double back; to return
3. to loopback (a signal, message, etc.)Computer terminology
1. physical punishment; beating; smacking; spanking
2. severe scolding; chastisement; discipline
- Was your difficulty in getting up back then also because you wanted to be chastized I wonder?