Words — 69 found
1. some; several; a fewSee also 幾日か, before a counter or noun + か
- はい 、
- しあ 。
- To the white glass, I added glass of various colours, producing a pretty feel.
2. manySee also 幾日も, before a counter or noun (+も)
- The Japanese distribution system, characterized by layers of wholesale, is complex and costly.
3. how many; how muchSee also 幾日
4. very; so (much)See also 幾久しい, before an adjective
1. how manyUsually written using kana alone
- No, not how many toys, how many keys?
2. how oldUsually written using kana alone
- How old is your father?
1. how muchUsually written using kana alone
- How much is the entrance fee?
2. something over; and something; -oddUsually written using kana alone, after a rounded number, esp. a sum of money
3. however (much); no matter howUsually written using kana alone, as いくら...〜ても, いくら...〜でも, etc.
- You never listen, no matter how many times I tell you.
1. almost; nearly; mostly; practically; virtually; basically; just about; all butUsually written using kana alone
- The dinner is almost ready.
2. hardly; barely; scarcely; littleUsually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
- はな 。
- Kate can hardly speak Chinese.
3. large majority; large proportion; greater part; most (of); almost all (of)Usually written using kana alone
- つい 。
- She spent most of her life taking care of poor people.
殆んど 【ほとんど】、幾ど 【ほとんど】
殆んど: Irregular okurigana usage. 幾ど: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. somewhat; to some extent; to some degree
- むずか 。
- This problem is difficult for me to some degree.
2. some; part; portion
- あじ 。
- There was some taste of lemon in the cake.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. some; few; a number of; a little (bit)
2. somewhat; to a certain extent
3. many; a lotArchaism, Only applies to そこばく, Only applies to そくばく, Only applies to そこば
若干 【そこば】、若干 【そこばく】、若干 【そくばく】、幾許 【そこばく】、幾許 【そくばく】
そこば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. GeometryGeometry is a branch of mathematics concerned with questi... Read more
1. (how) many times; (how) often
幾度 【いくたび】、幾たび 【いくたび】
1. some; (a) littleUsually written using kana alone
- She put by some money for a rainy day.
2. somewhat; to some extent; in part
- With the approach of Christmas, business improved somewhat.
1. as many as one likes; as much as one likesUsually written using kana alone
- Choose any flowers you like.
2. great many; plenty; to any degree; in unlimited quantities; any amount (of); any number (of)Usually written using kana alone
- だ 。
- He can come up with any amount of money.
3. almost (none); (not) muchUsually written using kana alone, as いくらでもない
4. no matter how much; no matter how big or smallUsually written using kana alone
1. (for) several nights
- みあ 、
- す 。
- Many nights did he spend, looking up at the stars.
1. many; much; plentyUsually written using kana alone
2. hardlyUsually written using kana alone, in neg. sentence