Words — 98 found
1. to blow (of the wind)
- ふ 。
- There was a strong wind that day.
2. to blow (one's breath); to breathe out; to blow on (hot tea, candles, etc.); to puff
- ふ 。
- Rose was blowing bubbles.
3. to play (a wind instrument); to blow (a whistle, trumpet, etc.); to whistle (a tune)
- Ted likes playing the trumpet.
4. to emit (smoke, fire, etc.); to spout; to spew; to puff outSee also 噴く
5. to sprout; to put forth (buds)
- The trees are shooting out buds.
6. to appear (on the surface); to form; to be coated with (powder, rust, etc.)
7. to burst out laughing; to burst into laughterSlang, See also 吹き出す
8. to brag; to talk big
9. to smelt; to mint
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. snow storm; blizzard
2. BlizzardA blizzard is a severe snowstorm characterized by strong ... Read more
乱吹: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word Links
1. drift (of snow, leaves, etc.)
- つく 。
- The wind drifted the snow.
2. hangout for social dropouts
3. SnowdriftA snowdrift is a deposit of snow sculpted by wind into a ... Read more
吹きだまり 【ふきだまり】、吹き溜り 【ふきだまり】
1. wind music; wind instrument music
2. Concert bandA concert band, also called wind band, symphonic band, sy... Read more
1. to spout out; to spurt out; to gush out; to jet out
2. to sprout; to bud
3. to burst into laughter
4. to blow (smoke, etc.)esp. 吹き出す
5. to send out shoots (of a tree)
噴き出す 【ふきだす】、吹きだす 【ふきだす】、吹出す 【ふきだす】、噴出す 【ふきだす】、噴きだす 【ふきだす】
1. to blow into; to breathe into
2. to inspire; to indoctrinate
3. to record (music, video, etc.)
吹きこむ 【ふきこむ】、吹込む 【ふきこむ】
Common word Links
1. (skin) eruption; rash; pimple; spot; acne; boil
1. to blow away; to blow off; to blow up
2. to dispel; to drive away
3. to talk big
1. to smoke (a cigarette, pipe, etc.); to puff on; to puff out (smoke)
- すわ 。
- I sat smoking a pipe.
2. to rev (an engine); to raceSee also エンジンを吹かす
- When he tried to back into the garage, he mistakenly gunned the engine and backed into the wall.
3. to put on (an air of); to act in a ... way; to behave as; to play (the role of)See also 先輩風を吹かす, as ...風を〜
4. to shoot (a ball) too high; to blast over the barSports, Usually written using kana alone, See also シュートをふかす
1. to blow against; to spray (paint, etc.) (onto a surface)
吹きつける 【ふきつける】、吹付ける 【ふきつける】、吹き着ける 【ふきつける】
1. to be blown off; to blow off; to blow away
2. to vanish; to disappear
1. recommendation (of a person for a position); nomination
吹挙: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to blow upon; to breathe on; to spray
2. to pick (a fight); to force (unreasonable terms)
3. to exaggerate; to overcharge
吹き掛ける 【ふきかける】、吹掛ける 【ふきかける】
1. to boil over
吹き零れる 【ふきこぼれる】、噴きこぼれる 【ふきこぼれる】、噴き零れる 【ふきこぼれる】
1. spreading around (news, rumor, etc.); making widely known; making public; publicizing; proclaiming