Words — 51 found
1. custom; practice; habit; usual
- はじ 。
- Love begins playing his old tricks every spring.
2. said; aforementioned
- おも 。
- I think he has something to do with that scandal.
3. instance; example; case; illustration; usage
- "He's a tiger when he's angry" is an example of metaphor.
- Young as he is, he is as great a mathematician as ever lived.
1. for example; for instance; e.g.
1. exampleesp. 例え
2. simile; metaphor; allegory; fable; parableesp. 喩え, 譬え
喩え 【たとえ】、譬え 【たとえ】
1. to compare (something) to; to liken; to speak figuratively; to use a simile; to use a metaphor
喩える 【たとえる】、譬える 【たとえる】
1. average (normal, ordinary) year
2. every year; annuallySee also 毎年
1. example sentence; illustrative sentence; model sentence
1. exception handlingComputer terminology
2. Exception handlingException handling is the process of responding to the oc... Read more
1. exception conditionComputer terminology
2. State of exceptionFor the 2005 book by Giorgio Agamben, see State of Except... Read more
1. allegory; fable; parable
2. ParableA parable is a succinct story, in prose or verse, which i... Read more
例え話 【たとえばなし】、譬え話 【たとえばなし】、譬話 【たとえばなし】
1. the usual; as it always is
2. said; that (previously-mentioned person or object); aforementioned; you-know-(who, what, etc.)
3. in the usual wayArchaism