Words — 14 found
1. height; stature
2. length (esp. of clothing)
- とど 。
- He was wearing a long black coat that reached almost to his ankles.
4. magnificence (of a waka poem, etc.)
丈 【たき】、長 【たけ】、長 【たき】
たき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 長: Out-dated kanji. たき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 長: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. only; just; merely; simply; no more than; nothing but; aloneUsually written using kana alone
- No one came except Mary.
2. as much as; to the extent of; enough toUsually written using kana alone
- This car has enough power to go up the mountain easily.
1. healthy; robust; strong; solid; durablesometimes じょうふ
1. given that ... it is only natural that ...; ... being the case, it is unavoidable that ...; (precisely) because ...; as might be expected (from ...)Usually written using kana alone
2. contrary to expectations ...Usually written using kana alone, when used with negatives
1. one jō and six shaku (4.85m)
2. statue of Buddha measuring one jō and six shaku
3. sitting cross-legged
1. manly poetic style (e.g. in the Man'yōshū)Usually written using kana alone
丈夫振り 【ますらおぶり】、益荒男振 【ますらおぶり】、丈夫風 【ますらおぶり】