Words — 18 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. only; just; merely; simply; no more than; nothing but; aloneUsually written using kana alone
- No one came except Mary.
2. as much as; to the extent of; enough toUsually written using kana alone
- This car has enough power to go up the mountain easily.
1. given that ... it is only natural that ...; ... being the case, it is unavoidable that ...; (precisely) because ...; as might be expected (from ...)Usually written using kana alone
2. contrary to expectations ...Usually written using kana alone, when used with negatives
1. Erman's birch (Betula ermanii); Russian rock birchUsually written using kana alone
2. Betula ermaniiBetula ermanii, or Erman's Birch, is a tree species belon... Read more
1. spotted nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes)Usually written using kana alone, Obscure term, See also 星烏
岳烏 【たけがらす】、岳鴉 【だけがらす】、岳鴉 【たけがらす】、ダケガラス、タケガラス
1. all you have to do is; just; that's all
- You have only to push this red button.
1. not ... for nothing; not ... with nothing to show for it; worthwhileUsually written using kana alone
- He did not go to college for nothing.