Words — 74 found
1. wifeOnly applies to 妻
- I went to the hospital to see my wife.
2. my dear; dear; honeyArchaism, Only applies to 妻, Only applies to 夫
3. garnish (esp. one served with sashimi)Usually written using kana alone
4. embellishmentUsually written using kana alone
夫 【つま】、具 【つま】
1. dull; uninteresting; boring; tediousUsually written using kana alone
- That new movie was a bummer.
2. insignificant; unimportant; trifling; trivial; worthlessUsually written using kana alone
- いんねん 。
- He often uses the slightest thing as a pretext for a fight with anybody.
3. absurd; foolish; silly; stupidUsually written using kana alone
4. useless; pointless; disappointingUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. that is to say; that is; in other words; I mean; that (this, it) meansUsually written using kana alone
2. in short; in brief; to sum up; ultimately; in the end; in the long run; when all is said and done; what it all comes down to; when you get right down to it; basicallyUsually written using kana alone
3. clogging; obstruction; stuffing; (degree of) blockageUsually written using kana alone
4. shrinkageUsually written using kana alone
5. end; conclusionUsually written using kana alone, See also とどのつまり
6. dead end; cornerUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
7. distress; being at the end of one's ropeUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
1. to be packed (with); to be full (space, schedule, etc.)
- My throat feels clogged up.
2. to be blocked (road, pipe, nose, etc.); to be clogged; to be plugged upSee also 鼻が詰まる
3. to shorten (width, interval, etc.); to shrink (shirt, word form, etc.); to narrow
5. to end up; to be settledSee also 詰まる所 つまるところ
6. to become a geminate consonantSee also 促音 そくおん
7. to hit the ball near the handle of the batBaseball term
1. to trip (over); to stumbleUsually written using kana alone
2. to fail; to suffer a setbackUsually written using kana alone
1. to pinch; to hold (between one's fingers); to pick up (with chopsticks, tweezers, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
2. to pick up and eat; to snack onUsually written using kana alone
3. to pick out (the main point); to summarize; to sum upUsually written using kana alone
4. to bewitch; to possess; to fascinateUsually written using kana alone, usu. as つままれる
摘まむ 【つまむ】、撮む 【つまむ】、抓む 【つまむ】
Common word Links
1. toes; tips of the toes; toe of a shoe, sock, etc.
2. ToeToes are the digits of the foot of a tetrapod. Animal spe... Read more
1. wife and children
2. wifeArchaism, Only applies to さいし, Only applies to めこ
妻子 【つまこ】、妻子 【めこ】
めこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. knob; handle; buttonUsually written using kana alone
- You can adjust the color on the TV by turning this knob.
2. (file) handleComputer terminology
3. snack (to have with a drink); side dish
- I would like to have something to munch on with my beer.
4. a pinch (e.g. of salt)
5. picking; harvesting
摘まみ 【つまみ】、撮み 【つまみ】、抓み 【つまみ】
1. standing on tiptoesSee also 爪先立つ
- わた 。
- The holy man tiptoed his way across the Ganges.
1. in short; in brief; to sum up; ultimately; in the end; in the long run; when all is said and done; what it all comes down to; when you get right down to itUsually written using kana alone, See also 詰まり つまり
詰まる所 【つまるところ】、つまる所 【つまるところ】、詰まる処 【つまるところ】、つまる処 【つまるところ】
1. eating with one's fingers
2. snitching food; snatched food; secret eating; food snatched and eaten without the meal starting
- み 。
- He was seen to eat a piece of cake secretly.
3. embezzlement; misappropriation; exploiting something
摘まみ食い 【つまみぐい】、摘み食い 【つまみぐい】、撮み食い 【つまみぐい】
1. detailed; clear
詳らか 【つばひらか】、審らか 【つまびらか】、審らか 【つばひらか】
つばひらか: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. つばひらか: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. thrifty; frugal; economicalUsually written using kana alone