Words — 1221 found
1. storm; tempest
2. storm; hullaballoo; uproar; winds (e.g. of change)Idiomatic expression
3. StormA storm (Proto-Germanic *sturmaz "noise, tumult") is any ... Read more
2. ups and downsIdiomatic expression
3. Wind waveIn fluid dynamics, wind waves or, more precisely, wind-ge... Read more
浪 【なみ】、濤 【なみ】
1. air; atmosphere
2. mood; situationSee also 空気を読む くうきをよむ
3. someone with no presence; someone who doesn't stand out at allColloquialism, Idiomatic expression
1. difficulty; hardship; trouble; distress
2. infeasibility; inability (to carry out)Idiomatic expression
1. (doing) various things; (doing) this and thatUsually written using kana alone
- There were some unsavory rumors about him.
2. being apt to; being prone to; tending toUsually written using kana alone
- We tend to forget that exercise is a key to good health.
3. at any rate; anyhow; anywayUsually written using kana alone
4. all sorts of (negative things); variousUsually written using kana alone
5. things that do not exist; rabbit hornsBuddhist term, Idiomatic expression, Only applies to 兎角, See also 亀毛兎角
1. account of a dream
2. fantastic story; wild tale; empty dream; pipe dreamIdiomatic expression
- I have no interest in putting my money into your dreams.
3. Yume Monogatari"Yume Monogatari" is Tackey & Tsubasa's second single und... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. sneezeUsually written using kana alone
2. spoken twice in response to someone sneezing as a charm against an early deathIdiomatic expression, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to くさめ
嚏 【くさめ】、嚏 【くっさめ】、嚔 【くしゃみ】、嚔 【くさめ】、嚔 【くっさめ】、クシャミ
1. last moment; eleventh hourIdiomatic expression
- This is his eleventh hour.
2. platform made of dirt used to perform executions (decapitations) in the Edo periodorig. meaning
1. red light (traffic)
- It's dangerous for you to cross the street when the light is red.
2. red light; signal to stop; sign of dangerIdiomatic expression
- It raises a red flag for businessmen.
1. taking on a life of it's own (of a rumour, etc.)Idiomatic expression
- Just one part of what he said got picked up by the media and took on a life of its own.
2. walking by oneself; talking a walk by oneself
- あぶ 。
- It is not safe for a girl to go out by herself so late at night.
3. walking unaided; being able to walk without help
4. standing on one's own feet; being independent; taking care of oneselfIdiomatic expression
ひとり歩き 【ひとりあるき】、独り歩き 【ひとりあるき】
1. setting sail; putting out to sea
2. starting anew; embarking on something newIdiomatic expression
1. tightrope walking; high-wire act; funambulism
2. treading a tightrope; walking on thin ice; pulling a risky balancing actIdiomatic expression
1. ace up one's sleeve; trump card; last resortIdiomatic expression
2. secret skills; secret; mysteryIdiomatic expression
3. left handArchaism
1. green light (traffic)
2. green light; go-ahead signal; permission to go ahead (with something)Idiomatic expression
1. double-dealing; duplicity; equivocation; double-tonguedIdiomatic expression
1. beacon; skyrocket; signal fire; smoke signals
2. starting shot; starting signal
4. Smoke signalThe smoke signal is one of the oldest forms of long-dista... Read more
烽火 【のろし】、狼烟 【のろし】、狼煙 【ろうえん】、狼烟 【ろうえん】、烽火 【ほうか】