Words — 1021 found
1. storm; tempest
2. storm; hullaballoo; uproar; winds (e.g. of change)Idiomatic expression
3. StormA storm (Proto-Germanic *sturmaz "noise, tumult") is any ... Read more
1. air; atmosphere
2. mood; situationSee also 空気を読む くうきをよむ
3. someone with no presence; someone who doesn't stand out at allColloquialism, Idiomatic expression
1. (doing) various things; (doing) this and thatUsually written using kana alone
- There were some unsavory rumors about him.
2. being apt to; being prone to; tending toUsually written using kana alone
- We tend to forget that exercise is a key to good health.
3. at any rate; anyhow; anywayUsually written using kana alone
4. all sorts of (negative things); variousUsually written using kana alone
5. things that do not exist; rabbit hornsBuddhist term, Idiomatic expression, Only applies to 兎角, See also 亀毛兎角
1. account of a dream
2. fantastic story; wild tale; empty dream; pipe dreamIdiomatic expression
3. Yume Monogatari"Yume Monogatari" is Tackey & Tsubasa's second single und... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. sneezeUsually written using kana alone
2. spoken twice in response to someone sneezing as a charm against an early deathIdiomatic expression, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to くさめ
嚏 【くさめ】、嚏 【くっさめ】、嚔 【くしゃみ】、嚔 【くさめ】、嚔 【くっさめ】、クシャミ
1. last moment; eleventh hour
- This is his eleventh hour.
2. platform made of dirt used to perform executions (decapitations) in the Edo period
1. double-dealing; duplicity; equivocation; double- tonguedIdiomatic expression
1. beacon; skyrocket; signal fire; smoke signals
2. starting shot; starting signal
4. Smoke signalThe smoke signal is one of the oldest forms of long-dista... Read more
烽火 【のろし】、狼烟 【のろし】、狼煙 【ろうえん】、狼烟 【ろうえん】、烽火 【ほうか】
1. no hope of getting aheadIdiomatic expression, See also うだつの上がらない
卯建が上がらない 【うだつがあがらない】、梲が上がらない 【うだつがあがらない】
梲が上がらない: Out-dated kanji.
1. to be no match for (e.g. outclassed in authority, strength or in debt to); to be unable to act on an equal basis withIdiomatic expression
1. being unable to leave the work at hand; being right in the middle of somethingIdiomatic expression
1. extremely busy; so busy one would even welcome the help of a catIdiomatic expression
1. nailing on; nailing down; nailing shut; being glued (to); being unable to take one's eyes (from)
2. being stationary; being rooted to the spot; halting; freezingIdiomatic expression
3. (price) pegging
釘づけ 【くぎづけ】、くぎ付け 【くぎづけ】
1. (distant) howling
- き 。
- Last night, I heard dogs howling.
2. backbitingIdiomatic expression
- He can only criticize people behind their backs.