Words — 1109 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperOnly applies to 赤, See also 銅 どう
9. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
- Your site appeals to people who are interested in cats.
4. wheelbarrowAbbreviation, See also 猫車
5. clay bed-warmerAbbreviation, See also 猫火鉢
6. bottom; submissive partner of a homosexual relationshipUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Antonym: タチ
7. CatThe domestic cat (Felis catus or Felis silvestris catus, ... Read more
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
- Twist that knob to the right and the box will open.
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquialism, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaism, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaism
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま
8. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
9. pairMahjong term, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
10. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. graduation; completion (e.g. of a course)
- い 。
- After he left school, he went to London.
2. outgrowing something; moving on (from)
- I feel I'm growing out of pop music.
3. GraduationGraduation is the action of receiving or conferring an ac... Read more
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. No way!; Unbelievable!; Really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more
噓: Out-dated kanji.
1. expert; learned person
- はじ 。
- In 1972, Dr. Francine Patterson started to teach sign language to Koko.
2. doctor; PhD; Dr.Colloquialism, See also 博士 はくし
3. instructor at the imperial court (ritsuryo period)
4. pitch and length marks (to accompany a Buddhist liturgical chant, etc.)See also 墨譜
5. Doctor (title)Doctor, as a title, originates from the Latin word of the... Read more
1. field (for fruits, vegetables, etc.); cultivated land; vegetable plot; kitchen garden; plantation
- When spring comes, they dig up the fields and plant seeds.
2. field (of specialization); sphere; areaOnly applies to はたけ, ばたけ when suf
- そだ 。
- He has had a long teaching career.
3. womb; birth; birthplaceColloquialism, Only applies to はたけ
4. Field (agriculture)In agriculture, the word field refers generally to an are... Read more
畑 【はた】、畠 【はたけ】、畠 【はた】
1. tiger (Panthera tigris)
- If a tiger should come out of the cage, what would you do?
2. drunkard; drunk; sotColloquialism
3. TigerThe tiger (Panthera tigris) is the largest cat species, r... Read more
1. hut; cabin; shed; (animal) pen
2. small theatre (theater); temporary playhouse; circus tent; boothOnly applies to こや
3. one's own houseHumble (kenjougo), Colloquialism, esp. しょうおく
4. Hut (dwelling)A hut is a temporary shelter.
1. basement; cellar; underground place
- も 。
- The house has pipes under the ground to carry dirty water away.
2. underground; below ground
3. secret; under cover
- うたが 。
- He was suspected of underground action.
4. underground (railway); subway; metroColloquialism, Abbreviation
5. Subterranea (geography)Subterranea refers to underground structures, both natura... Read more
1. legume (esp. edible legumes or their seeds, such as beans, peas, pulses, etc.); beans; peas
- We roast just enough beans for the amount we're going to drink, and grind them in the coffee mill.
2. soya bean (Glycine max); soybean; soySee also 大豆
3. female genitalia (esp. the clitoris)Colloquialism
4. kidneyFood term, Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
5. miniature; tiny
7. BeanBean is a common name for large plant seeds of several ge... Read more
荳 【まめ】、菽 【まめ】、マメ
- What did the announcement just say?
2. how manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何か月, followed by a counter
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. you-know-what; that
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. whatsit; what's the expression; what do you call them
5. what?expressing surprise
6. hey!expressing anger or irritability
1. painful; sore
- Does it hurt when you chew?
2. cringy; embarrassingColloquialism
3. exceedingSee also 甚く, esp. 甚い
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. there (place physically distant from both speaker and listener); over there; that place; yonder; you-know-whereUsually written using kana alone, See also 何処, See also 此処, See also 其処
- み 。
- A form appeared from over there.
2. genitals; private partsColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to あそこ, Only applies to あすこ, Only applies to アソコ
- せんせい 、
- Doctor, I've got an itch in my crotch.
3. that far (something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener); that much; that pointUsually written using kana alone, See also あれほど
彼処 【あすこ】、彼処 【かしこ】、彼処 【あしこ】、彼処 【あこ】、彼所 【あそこ】、彼所 【あすこ】、彼所 【かしこ】、彼所 【あしこ】、彼所 【あこ】、アソコ
あしこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あしこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. autumn colours; fall colors; leaves changing color (colour)
- The leaves of the trees in the garden have turned completely red.
2. leaves turning red; red leavesOnly applies to 紅葉, Only applies to こうよう
- The leaves will turn red in two or three weeks.
3. leaves turning yellow; yellow leavesOnly applies to 黄葉, Only applies to こうよう
4. (Japanese) maple (Acer japonicum)Only applies to もみじ, See also 以呂波紅葉
5. venisonColloquialism, Only applies to もみじ
6. layered colors in garments, resembling autumn colorsSee also 紅葉襲
7. Autumn leaf colorAutumn leaf color is a phenomenon that affects the normal... Read more
紅葉 【もみじ】、黄葉 【こうよう】、黄葉 【もみじ】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. KoreaSensitive, Colloquialism
3. PeninsulaA peninsula is a piece of land that is bordered by water ... Read more