Words — 19 found
1. to stroke; to caress; to brush gently; to pat; to rub
2. to comb (hair); to smooth down
1. to rub; to pat; to stroke; to massageUsually written using kana alone
- Would you like me to massage your chest?
1. to strike; to clap; to knock; to beat; to tap; to pat
- An ugly man knocked on my door.
2. to play drums
3. to abuse; to bash; to flame (e.g. on the Internet); to insult
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
4. to consult; to sound out
5. to brag; to talk big
6. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computing
敲く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to be anxious or concerned about; to ponder (anxiously); to fearOnly applies to 案ずる, See also 案じる
- おもいなや 、
- I'd stop worrying about it and take some action. The anxiety that comes from doing nothing is worse than any danger you might face.
2. to investigate; to consider; to planSee also 案じる
3. to pat; to rub; to take a sword in one's handOnly applies to 按ずる
1. to pat (e.g. dog); to rub; to stroke; to fondle
1. to stroke (something fluffy); to rub; to patColloquialism, See also モフモフ
1. to succeed (a person, to a position, etc.); to inherit; to take over; to follow
2. to patch (clothes); to mend; to repairOnly applies to 継ぐ
3. to add (e.g. charcoal to the fire); to replenish with; to feed with; to follow up with (e.g. remarks); to gather (one's breath)Only applies to 継ぐ
嗣ぐ 【つぐ】、続ぐ 【つぐ】、襲ぐ 【つぐ】
1. to mend; to patch up; to repair; to fix; to darn
- I had my mother mend this sweater.
2. to fix (hair, clothes, appearance, etc.); to adjust; to tidy up; to groom
- あ 。
- The monkeys are grooming each other.
3. to keep up appearances; to cover up (e.g. a mistake); to gloss over
- We have other things to do than worry about keeping up appearances.
4. to treat (illness, injury, etc.)Archaism
1. to spell
- Tell me how to spell the word.
2. to write; to compose; to frame
- つづ 。
- Shizuko composed a poem about the change of the seasons.
3. to bind (e.g. documents); to patch; to sew together; to stitch together
1. to furnish; to install
2. to get someone's agreement
3. to patronize; to buy usually from the same store
取りつける 【とりつける】、取付ける 【とりつける】
1. to model on; to make in the shape of; to represent; to pattern after; to imitate
- God created man in his own image.
2. to symbolise
形取る 【かたどる】、形どる 【かたどる】、模る 【かたどる】
1. to keep up (appearances)
2. to smooth over (an error, etc.); to gloss over; to varnish over; to palliate; to temporize; to temporise
3. to mend; to repair; to patch up
1. to set off to advantage; to bring into prominence; to enhance
2. to support; to favor; to favour; to promote; to patronize
3. to rouse (spirits)
4. to march (a prisoner) off; to haul somebody off
5. to slide (a door) shut
1. to join together; to patch together
継ぎ合せる 【つぎあわせる】、継合せる 【つぎあわせる】、つぎ合わせる 【つぎあわせる】
1. to join together (wooden boards, etc.); to patch together (pieces of cloth, etc.); to glue together