Words — 233 found
1. to catch up (with); to draw level; to pull even; to reach
2. to be compensated; to make up for one's losses
追い付く 【おいつく】、追い着く 【おいつく】、追付く 【おいつく】、追着く 【おいつく】、おい付く 【おいつく】
1. to chase; to run after; to pursue; to follow after
- お 。
- The policeman was after the thief.
2. to follow (a set order, a trend, etc.)
- I can't keep track of all the changes taking place in the world of AIDS research.
3. to drive out; to get rid of; to oust; to expel
4. to drive (e.g. a herd)
- A cowboy is driving cattle to the pasture.
5. to be pressed (e.g. for time)in passive voice
- I've been pressed for time today!
1. to chase; to run after; to pursueSee also 追っ掛ける
追い掛ける 【おいかける】、追い駆ける 【おいかける】、追掛ける 【おいかける】
1. chase; pursuit; tracking; stalking
2. following up; tracing
1. exile; banishment; eviction; deportation; purge; expulsion; ousting
- The ruler was overthrown and banished from the country.
2. elimination (e.g. of poverty); removal
- We must rid the nation of drugs.
1. to herd; to drive; to chase; to corral
2. to corner; to force someone into doing
- おいこ 。
- We have been completely cornered.
3. to go hard; to push yourself; to make a last charge
- I work best under pressure.
4. to run on (e.g. lines in printing)
1. investigation (e.g. into someone's guilt); questioning; pressing; hounding; pinning down
- I was pressed by their questioning and slipped into telling an obvious lie.
2. catching up; overtaking
1. postscript; post scriptum; PS; P.S.
2. PostscriptA postscript, abbreviated PS or P.S. , is writing added a... Read more
1. pursuit (of a goal, ideal, etc.); search; chase; seeking after
- Women's rights groups are going after sexual harassment.
1. tailwind; fair wind; favorable wind (favourable)
2. favorable condition (favourable); advantageous situation
追い風 【おいて】、追風 【おいかぜ】、追風 【おいて】
1. investigation (e.g. academically, of the unknown); close inquiry (enquiry)
1. chase; pursuit
2. chase scene (in a movie)
3. obsessive fan who follows a celebrity around; groupie
- あつ 。
- At the pop star's concert the fans were swarming around the foot of the stage.
4. in (quick) succession; soon (after)
1. to drive away; to clear; to scatter; to disperse
追いはらう 【おいはらう】、追払う 【おいはらう】、追い払う 【おいぱらう】、追払う 【おいぱらう】
1. to corner; to drive to the wall; to run down; to track down; to chase after