Words — 248 found
2. NewspaperA newspaper is a scheduled publication containing news of... Read more
1. to hear
- You can hear English on Channel 1, and Japanese on Channel 7.
2. to listen (e.g. to music)esp. 聴く
- "Did you hear the lecture in that class yesterday?" asked the student.
3. to ask; to enquire; to query聴く is used in legal and official contexts
4. to hear about; to hear of; to learn of
5. to follow (advice, order, etc.); to obey; to listen to; to comply with
6. to hear (e.g. a plea); to grant (a request); to accept (e.g. an argument); to give consideration to
7. to smell (esp. incense); to sample (a fragrance)See also 香を聞く
8. to taste (alcohol); to tryalso 利く
1. to be heard; to be audible
- き 。
- Oh, I can hear you clearly.
2. to be said to be; to be reputed
- He has a reputation as being straight as an arrow. He'd never get involved in corruption.
聞える 【きこえる】、聴こえる 【きこえる】、聴える 【きこえる】
聴こえる: Irregular kanji usage. 聴える: Irregular kanji usage.
1. newsprint; newspaper used for wrapping, packing, etc.
2. newspaperOnly applies to しんぶんし
3. NewsprintNewsprint is a low-cost, non-archival paper most commonly... Read more
1. listening; hearing
2. Hearing (law)In law, a hearing is a proceeding before a court or other... Read more
2. Scandal (1950 film)Scandal is a 1950 film written and directed by Akira Kuro... Read more
1. unheard-of; unprecedented; unparalleled in history (unparallelled); record-breakingYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to catch (someone's words); to make out; to follow; to understand
2. to ask about (a situation, circumstances, etc.); to inquire
聴き取る 【ききとる】、聞きとる 【ききとる】、聞取る 【ききとる】、聴取る 【ききとる】
1. to listen attentively to; to be lost in
聴き入る 【ききいる】、聞きいる 【ききいる】、聴きいる 【ききいる】、聞入る 【ききいる】、聴入る 【ききいる】
1. to get information out of a person
2. to begin listening
1. to tell; to advise; to warn; to admonish; to reason; to persuade; to instruct
言いきかせる 【いいきかせる】、言聞かせる 【いいきかせる】
1. Asahi Shimbun (newspaper)
2. Asahi Shimbun (Japanese newspaper)
3. Asahi ShimbunThe Asahi Shimbun is the second most circulated out of th... Read more