Words — 86 found
Common word Links
1. blood relationship; consanguinity
- でき 。
- Truthfully, at that time, I didn't have the first idea about such talk: family links, blood relations or whatever.
2. blood relative
3. ConsanguinityConsanguinity ("blood relation", from the Latin consangui... Read more
けちえん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. frame (e.g. picture frame, decorative door frame, etc.)
2. Picture frameA picture frame is a decorative edging for a picture, suc... Read more
1. reason; significance; cause
2. piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...Only applies to 由
因 【よし】、縁 【よし】
1. unrelated; unconnected; irrelevant; indifferent; divorced from; having nothing to do with one; being foreign to oneAntonym: 有縁
2. without relations (esp. of a deceased person); having no surviving relatives
3. unrelated to the teachings of Buddha; unable to be saved by BuddhaBuddhist term, Antonym: 有縁
1. fate; destiny
- It was her fate to die young.
2. connection; tie; bond; origin
3. pretext; justification
4. hetu and prataya (direct causes and indirect conditions, which underlie the actions of all things)Buddhist term
Common word Links
1. breaking off relations; disconnection
2. insulation (esp. electrical); isolation
- An insulated soft-wood room and a good heater are the absolute necessities for a sauna.
JLPT N3 Links
1. fate; destiny (esp. as a mysterious force that binds two people together)
- きれめ 。
- The end of money is the end of love.
2. relationship (e.g. between two people); bond; link; connection
- Our connection may be cut on paper but the bonds of old remain as they were.
3. family ties; affinity
4. opportunity; chance (to meet someone and start a relationship)Only applies to えん
5. pratyaya (indirect conditions, as opposed to direct causes)Buddhist term, Only applies to えん, See also 因
6. narrow open-air verandaOnly applies to えん, also written as 椽
縁 【えにし】、縁 【え】、縁 【えに】、江に 【えに】
江に: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. cliff edge; edge of a precipice
2. perilous position; critical moment; brink
崖っ縁 【がけっぷち】、崖縁 【がけぷち】、崖縁 【がけぶち】
崖縁: Irregular okurigana usage. 崖縁: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. edge (of a river, woods, etc.); shoulder (of a road)Usually written using kana alone, sometimes べり as a suffix
2. rim; brim; hem; margin; fringe; selvageUsually written using kana alone
3. fabric border (of a tatami mat, etc.); edgingUsually written using kana alone
1. connection (to a person, place, etc.); relation; affinityUsually written using kana alone
所縁 【ゆかり】、所縁 【しょえん】
1. the twelve nidanas (continuum of twelve phases that lead to suffering)Buddhist term
2. Twelve NidānasThe Twelve Nidānas are an application of the Buddhist con... Read more