Words — 422 found
1. life; living
- You should try to live within your means.
2. livelihood; (one's) living
- You'll soon get used to living in the country.
3. SeikatsuIn Japanese social science, seikatsu refers to a concept ... Read more
1. to live; to exist
2. to make a living; to subsist
3. to be in effect; to be in use; to function
4. to come to life; to be enlivened
5. to be safe (in baseball, go, etc.)
6. To Live (film)To Live is a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou in 1994... Read more
活きる: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. practical use; application
- かつよう 。
- As a politician, he makes utmost use of his acting ability.
2. conjugation; inflectionGrammar
- ふかけつ 、
- かつよう 。
- Conjugation of irregular verbs - essential for those learning English.
3. Grammatical conjugationIn linguistics, conjugation is the creation of derived fo... Read more
1. activity (of a person, organization, animal, volcano, etc.); action
2. movie (esp. during the silent movie period)Abbreviation, Obsolete term, See also 活動写真
1. energy; vigour; vigor; liveliness; spirit; life; animation
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. ikebana; Japanese art of flower arrangement
- Flower arrangement is a traditional art in Japan.
2. fresh flower; natural flowerOnly applies to せいか
生花 【いけばな】、活け花 【いけばな】、活花 【いけばな】、生花 【せいか】、活花 【せいか】
1. in a lively way; vividly; freshly; animatedly; actively; energetically
1. activity (esp. energetic or successful); great efforts; active participation
- I see you're doing very well in your business.
2. walking about with great vigor
- おも 。
- I hope things have been going well for you.
1. printing type; movable type
2. printed text; print
1. to make (the best) use of; to put to good use; to leverage (skills, attributes, experience, etc.); to capitalise on (experience, etc.)
2. to let live; to keep alive
3. to revive; to resuscitate; to bring back to life
- い 。
- We used emergency measures to revive the cardiac arrest patient.
4. to restore (a deleted passage; in proofreading)
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. revival (of an old system, custom, fashion, etc.); restoration; return; comeback
- Fashions of thirty years ago have come back in style.
2. resurrection; rebirth
- He rose from the dead, so to speak.
1. to arrange (flowers); to plant
- She likes to arrange flowers.
2. living; liveOnly applies to 生ける
1. everyday life; daily life
2. Everyday lifeEveryday life is what a person does, feels, and thinks ev... Read more
2. EasterEaster Easter PaschaDepiction of the resurrection of Jesu... Read more