Words — 110 found
1. stairs; stairway; staircase
1. gradually; by degrees; little by little; more and more; increasinglyUsually written using kana alone
2. steps; stairs; staircase; terrace
1. usual; normal; everyday; habitual; ordinaryorig. written as 不断
2. usually; normally; generally; habitually; always
普段: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. step; stair; (flight of) steps; (row of) stitches; columns (of print)
- He jumped up the steps three at a time.
2. grade; rank; level
- ちょっけい 23m(
- げだん )
- およ 18m(
- じょうだん )、
- たか 5ｍ
- It is a two level style round burial mound, 23m diameter (lower level), 18m (higher).
3. counter for breaks in written language (or speech, etc.)
4. dan; senior rank in martial arts, go, shogi, etc.See also 級 きゅう
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. more; much more; still more; all the more
- す 。
- I was at a musical recently, in the third row. Seeing the actor I love up close like that made me feel more smitten with him than ever.
2. step; rung; level; rank
3. paragraph; passage
1. dramatic (improvement); remarkable (difference); marked; noticeable
2. (far) better; exceptional
1. trying to think of a way (to); devising means (to); working out (how to do)
2. contriving (to raise money); managing
1. lower tier; lower step; lower column; lower berth; bottom shelf
2. low position (of a sword in kendo, etc.)
1. row of syllables on the Japanese syllabary table that ends with the vowel sound "u"Linguistics, See also 五十音
1. doorstepObscure term
- Looking out of the window, I saw a stranger at the doorstep.
1. notches; serration; indentation; jaggies (stair-step artifacts in computer images)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
2. notched; serrated; jagged; corrugated; milledOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
1. exceptional; unusual; special
2. especially; exceptionally; unusually
1. reduction (of crop size); reduction of acreage (under cultivation)