Words — 15 found
1. this (indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 其れ, See also 彼 あれ
- This is a very small book.
2. this person (usu. indicating someone in one's in-group)Humble (kenjougo)
- This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
- いま 、
- ひこうき ８
- の 、
- また ２
- I'm in transit between flights now. I've spent 8 hours on a plane so far, after changing planes now it's another two hours.
5. I (me)Archaism
是 【これ】、是れ 【これ】、之 【これ】、之れ 【これ】、維 【これ】、惟 【これ】
1. here (place physically close to the speaker, place pointed by the speaker while explaining); this placeUsually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also そこ, See also あそこ
- Here is a pan without handles.
2. these last (followed by a duration noun and a past sentence: time period before the present time of the speaker)Usually written using kana alone, See also 今迄
- The population of this town has been static for the last ten years.
3. these next ... (followed by a duration noun and a non past sentence: time period after the present time of the speaker); the next ...Usually written using kana alone, See also 此れから
此所 【ここ】、是 【ここ】、茲 【ここ】、爰 【ここ】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. this and that; this or that; one thing or another; this way and thatUsually written using kana alone
- Our class reunion brought back old memories of when we were students.
2. around; about; round about; roughly; nearly; almostUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to かれこれ
- It is almost ten o'clock.
彼是 【あれこれ】、彼此 【かれこれ】、彼此 【ひし】、アレコレ
1. complete reversal of values or ways of thinkingYojijukugo (four character compound)