Words — 15 found
1. this; this oneUsually written using kana alone, See also それ, See also あれ, See also どれ, indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic
- This is an interesting book.
2. this personUsually written using kana alone, usu. indicating someone in one's in-group
- This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
3. now; this point (in time)Usually written using kana alone, as これから, これまで, etc.
- べんきょう 。
- I will study English hard from now on.
4. hereDated term, Usually written using kana alone
5. used to stress the subject of a sentenceLiterary or formal term, Usually written using kana alone
6. I; meArchaism
是 【これ】、是れ 【これ】、之 【これ】、之れ 【これ】、維 【これ】、惟 【これ】、此 【これ】
此: Irregular okurigana usage.
- Here is a pan without handles.
2. this point; here; nowUsually written using kana alone
- The population of this town has been static for the last ten years.
3. these past ... (e.g. three years); these last ...Usually written using kana alone, followed by a duration noun
4. the next ... (e.g. few days); these next ...Usually written using kana alone, followed by a duration noun
此所 【ここ】、是 【ここ】、茲 【ここ】、爰 【ここ】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. this and that; this or that; one thing or another; this way and thatUsually written using kana alone
- Our class reunion brought back old memories of when we were students.
2. around; about; round about; roughly; nearly; almostUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to かれこれ
- It is almost ten o'clock.
彼是 【あれこれ】、彼此 【かれこれ】、彼此 【ひし】、アレコレ
1. complete reversal of values or ways of thinkingYojijukugo (four character compound)