Words — 364 found
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to post (a link, etc. online)
7. to be expensive
8. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
10. to span; to generateMathematics
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. claim; insistence; assertion; advocacy; emphasis; contention; opinion; tenet
1. tension; mental strain; nervousness
1. to pull; to draw; to pull tight
- の 。
- This material stretches easily.
2. to string (lines); to run (cable); to stretch
3. to pull towards oneself (e.g. someone's sleeve)
4. to drag; to haul; to tow
5. to lead (e.g. one's followers)
6. to take someone somewhere (e.g. a suspect to the police)
7. to tempt into joining; to strongly invite to join
8. to delay; to prolong
9. to lengthen the pronunciation (of a word)
10. to quote; to cite; to reference
11. to pull the ballBaseball
12. to wear; to put on
引っぱる 【ひっぱる】、引張る 【ひっぱる】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. as expected; sure enough; just as one thoughtUsually written using kana alone, See also やっぱり
- く 。
- "Oh? Then, as I expected, I've been around longer than you. This year I'm 20-mumble years old." "What does that tell me?"
2. after all (is said and done); in the end; as one would expect; in any caseUsually written using kana alone, See also やっぱり
- I disliked the idea of the necessary call, but it had to be done.
3. too; also; as well; likewise; (not) eitherUsually written using kana alone, See also やっぱり
4. still; as beforeUsually written using kana alone, See also やっぱり
5. all the same; even so; still; nonethelessUsually written using kana alone, See also やっぱり
- He's intelligent, but I still don't like him.
矢張り: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 矢張: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Irregular okurigana usage.
1. expansion; extension; enlargement
2. escape; ESCComputing
1. as expected; sure enough; just as one thoughtUsually written using kana alone, See also やはり
- You're just the kind of person I imagined you'd be.
2. after all (is said and done); in the end; as one would expect; in any caseUsually written using kana alone, See also やはり
- い 、
- A trip to Hokkaido is not a trip to Hokkaido unless you try the seafood.
3. too; also; as well; likewise; (not) eitherUsually written using kana alone, See also やはり
4. still; as beforeUsually written using kana alone, See also やはり
- Our house is nice, but I still miss the old one.
5. all the same; even so; still; nonethelessUsually written using kana alone, See also やはり
- I'm tired, but I'm going anyway.
矢っ張り: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to put on airs; to act big; to throw one's weight about; to be overbearing; to be domineering; to be bossy; to be pushy; to be proud; to be haughty; to be arrogant; to swagger; to boast; to brag
意張る 【いばる】、威張る 【えばる】
意張る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. greed; avarice; covetousness; greedy person
1. expansion; swelling; increase; growth
膨脹 【ぼうちょう】、ぼう張 【ぼうちょう】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. paper patch; paper backing; poster; sticker; label
貼り紙 【はりがみ】、はり紙 【はりがみ】、張紙 【はりがみ】、貼紙 【はりがみ】
貼紙: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. filename extensionComputing
2. Filename extensionA filename extension is a suffix (separated from the base... Read more
1. to persevere; to persist; to keep at it; to hang on; to hold out; to do one's best
2. to insist that; to stick to (one's opinion)
3. to remain in a place; to stick to one's post; to refuse to budge
頑張る: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. do your best; go for it; hang in there; keep at itUsually written using kana alone
1. to be bulky; to be unwieldy; to grow voluminousUsually written using kana alone
1. to brace one's legs; to stand firm; to plant one's feet (firmly on the ground)
- ふんば 。
- I braced myself against the crowd.
2. to hold out; to persist; to make an effort; to exert oneself
- かぎ 、
- If we don't make a last ditch stand at winning that contract, we may very well go under.