Words — 346 found
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
- は 。
- There was thin ice on the lake.
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to be expensive
7. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
9. to span; to generateMathematics
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. claim; insistence; assertion; advocacy; emphasis; contention; opinion; tenet
1. tension; mental strain; nervousness
1. to pull; to draw; to pull tight
- の 。
- This material stretches easily.
2. to string (lines); to run (cable); to stretch
3. to pull towards oneself (e.g. someone's sleeve)
4. to drag; to haul; to tow
5. to lead (e.g. one's followers)
6. to take someone somewhere (e.g. a suspect to the police)
7. to tempt into joining; to strongly invite to join
8. to delay; to prolong
9. to lengthen the pronunciation (of a word)
10. to quote; to cite; to reference
11. to pull the ballBaseball term
12. to wear; to put on
引っぱる 【ひっぱる】、引張る 【ひっぱる】
1. expansion; extension; enlargement; escape; ESC
1. too; also; likewise; eitherUsually written using kana alone, See also 矢張り やはり
2. still; as beforeUsually written using kana alone, See also 矢張り やはり
3. even so; either way; after all; nonetheless; in any event; all the sameUsually written using kana alone, See also 矢張り やはり
4. as expectedUsually written using kana alone, See also 矢張り やはり
矢っ張り: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to put on airs; to act big; to throw one's weight about; to be overbearing; to be domineering; to be bossy; to be pushy; to be proud; to be haughty; to be arrogant; to swagger; to boast; to brag
意張る 【いばる】、威張る 【えばる】
意張る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. greed; avarice; covetousness; greedy person
1. expansion; swelling; increase; growth
膨脹 【ぼうちょう】、ぼう張 【ぼうちょう】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. paper patch; paper backing; poster; sticker; label
貼り紙 【はりがみ】、はり紙 【はりがみ】、張紙 【はりがみ】、貼紙 【はりがみ】
貼紙: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. filename extensionComputer terminology
2. Filename extensionA filename extension is a suffix (separated from the base... Read more
1. to persevere; to persist; to keep at it; to hang on; to hold out; to do one's best
2. to insist that; to stick to (one's opinion)
3. to remain in a place; to stick to one's post; to refuse to budge
頑張る: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to be bulky; to be unwieldy; to grow voluminousUsually written using kana alone
1. to brace one's legs; to straddle; to stand firm; to plant oneself (somewhere); to hold out; to persist
1. to stand watch; to stand guard; to look outOnly applies to 見張る
2. to open one's eyes wideSee also 目を見張る