Words — 78 found
1. mahjong; mah-jonggFrom Chinese “májiàng”
2. MahjongMahjong is a game that originated in China, commonly play... Read more
麻将: Irregular kanji usage. まーじゃん: Irregular kana usage. まあじゃん: Irregular kana usage.
1. commander-in-chief; supreme commander
2. captain (of a team)Sports
- He was made captain of the team.
1. general; admiralMilitary
2. head; chief; leader; boss; kingpin
3. old chap; mate; boss; chief; manFamiliar language, familiar or jocular term for addressing a male
4. athlete who competes in the last match of a team competition (kendo, judo, etc.)See also 先鋒 せんぽう
だいしょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. or; otherwise
2. furthermore; also
3. perhaps; by some chance; possiblyArchaism
4. that being said; be that as it mayArchaism
5. however; butArchaism
6. not to mention; needless to sayArchaism
7. as expected; sure enoughArchaism
8. really; at allArchaism, used to express emphatic denial, suspicion, or emotion
1. major general; rear admiral; air commodoreMilitary
2. Major generalMajor general or major-general is a military rank used in... Read more
1. commodore; brigadier general
2. Brigadier generalBrigadier general is a senior rank in the armed forces. I... Read more
1. king (of the senior player)Shogi
王將: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. second in command (of an army)
3. fourth athlete to compete in a 5-on-5 team competition (kendo, judo, etc.)See also 先鋒 せんぽう
1. proprietress (of a traditional Japanese inn, restaurant, or shop); landlady; hostess; mistress; female innkeeper
女将 【じょしょう】、女将 【にょしょう】
1. brigadier general; commodore
2. Commodore (rank)Commodore is a military rank used in many navies that is ... Read more
1. Japanese rat snake (Elaphe climacophora)Usually written using kana alone
2. Japanese Rat SnakeThe Japanese Rat Snake is a medium sized snake found thro... Read more
黄頷蛇: Irregular kanji usage.
1. king of the hill; king of the castle; king of the mountain