Words — 161 found
1. warrior; samurai
3. Samuraiis the term for the military nobility of pre-industrial J... Read more
武士 【もののふ】、武夫 【ぶふ】
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
- She is all right at the moment.
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
- No, no, that's okay.
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
1. healthy; robust; strong; solid; durablesometimes じょうふ
1. devising (a way); contriving; figuring out; coming up with; working out; inventing
- This is a plan of my own devising.
2. device; design; idea; plan; invention
3. dedication to spiritual improvement (esp. through Zen meditation)
4. Kung fu (term)Kung fu, gongfu, or gung fu is a Chinese term referring t... Read more
1. wifeOnly applies to 妻
- い 。
- I went to the hospital to see my wife.
2. my dear; dear; honeyArchaism, Only applies to 妻, Only applies to 夫
3. garnish (esp. one served with sashimi)Usually written using kana alone
4. embellishmentUsually written using kana alone
夫 【つま】、具 【つま】
1. husbandSee also 良人 りょうじん
1. married couple; husband and wife; man and wife
2. his and hers; pair of objects, one larger (for man), one smaller (for woman)Only applies to めおと, See also 夫婦茶碗
夫婦 【めおと】、夫婦 【みょうと】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. wife; Mrs; madamHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Only applies to ふじん, Only applies to はしかし
- Mrs. Young wouldn't mind my dropping in on her unexpectedly.
2. wife of a nobleman (aristocrat, etc.)Archaism, Only applies to ふじん
3. consort of the emperorArchaism, Only applies to ふじん, Only applies to ぶにん
夫人 【ぶにん】、夫人 【はしかし】
ぶにん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. はしかし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. husband and wife; married couplesomewhat formal; not used for one's own family
1. each; respectivelyUsually written using kana alone
其れ其れ 【それぞれ】、夫々 【それぞれ】、夫夫 【それぞれ】、其々 【それぞれ】、其其 【それぞれ】
其々: Irregular okurigana usage. 其其: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. woodcutter; lumberjack; logger
2. LumberjackA lumberjack is a worker in the logging industry who perf... Read more
樵 【きこり】、木樵 【きこり】、樵夫 【きこり】、樵夫 【しょうふ】
1. househusband; stay-at-home dad
2. Stay-at-home dadA stay-at-home dad (alternatively, stay at home father, h... Read more
1. marital quarrel; argument between husband and wife
夫婦げんか 【ふうふげんか】、夫婦ゲンカ 【ふうふゲンカ】