Words — 97 found
1. request; commission; entrusting (with a matter)
- I asked the solicitor to make out my will.
2. dependence; reliance
1. to be due to; to be caused byUsually written using kana alone, esp. 依る, 拠る
- Without him nothing was made that has been made.
2. to depend on; to turn onUsually written using kana alone, esp. 依る
- For this reason, the credibility of the book's authors rests on the credibility of their sources.
3. to be based on; to come fromUsually written using kana alone, esp. 因る, 由る
4. to be based at (a location, an organization); to be headquartered atUsually written using kana alone, esp. 拠る
因る 【よる】、拠る 【よる】、由る 【よる】
依る: Rarely-used kanji form. 因る: Rarely-used kanji form. 拠る: Rarely-used kanji form. 由る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. dependence; reliance
1. dependence (on alcohol, drugs, etc.)
2. AddictionAddiction is the continued use of a mood altering substan... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. therefore; consequently; accordingly; for that reasonUsually written using kana alone
仍って 【よって】、依って 【よって】、依て 【よって】、仍て 【よって】
1. client; requester
2. The Client (1994 film)The Client is a 1994 American legal thriller film directe... Read more
1. favoritism; favouritism; partiality; prejudice; biasUsually written using kana alone, Yojijukugo (four character compound)
えこ贔屓 【えこひいき】、依怙贔負 【えこひいき】、依估贔屓 【えこひいき】
1. according to; by (means of); due to; because ofUsually written using kana alone
1. by means of; due to; because of; according toUsually written using kana alone
- しめ 。
- A study shows lung cancer accounts for 17% of women's cancer deaths.
に因る 【による】、に拠る 【による】
1. becoming a devout believer; (religious) conversion
2. Refuge (Buddhism)Buddhists "take refuge" in, or to "go for refuge" to, the... Read more
1. commissioning; entrusting (with); request; appointment (to a position)
1. according to (someone)Usually written using kana alone, See also に因って
- I heard from my sister. The letter says she is well now.
に依れば 【によれば】、に因れば 【によれば】