Words — 161 found
1. for example; for instance; e.g.
1. custom; practice; habit; usual
- はじ 。
- Love begins playing his old tricks every spring.
2. said; aforementioned
- おも 。
- I think he has something to do with that scandal.
3. instance; example; case; illustration; usage
- "He's a tiger when he's angry" is an example of metaphor.
- Young as he is, he is as great a mathematician as ever lived.
1. exampleesp. 例え
2. simile; metaphor; allegory; fable; parableesp. 喩え, 譬え
喩え 【たとえ】、譬え 【たとえ】
1. to compare (something) to; to liken; to speak figuratively; to use a simile; to use a metaphor
喩える 【たとえる】、譬える 【たとえる】
2. PrecedentNot to be confused with President, nor [the plural] with ... Read more
1. custom; general rule; convention
2. usually; generally; as a rule
1. average (normal, ordinary) year
2. every year; annuallySee also 毎年
1. example sentence; illustrative sentence; model sentence
1. exemplification; illustration; example
例證: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.