Words — 77 found
2. Proportionality (mathematics)In mathematics, two variable quantities are proportional ... Read more
1. custom; practice; habit; usual
- はじ 。
- Love begins playing his old tricks every spring.
2. said; aforementioned
- おも 。
- I think he has something to do with that scandal.
3. instance; example; case; illustration; usage
- "He's a tiger when he's angry" is an example of metaphor.
- Young as he is, he is as great a mathematician as ever lived.
2. PrecedentNot to be confused with President, nor [the plural] with ... Read more
1. custom; general rule; convention
2. usually; generally; as a rule
1. explanatory notes (at the start of a book); introductory remarks; usage guide (e.g. of a dictionary)
- わ 。
- When I looked at the explanatory notes under the posts list I realized what was causing it.
2. legend (on maps, drawings, etc.)See also キャプション
1. regulations; rules
2. (local) regulation; ordinance; bylaw; lawOnly applies to 条例
3. By-lawBy-law (sometimes also spelled bylaw, by law or byelaw) c... Read more
1. (judicial) precedent
2. Case lawCase law is the set of existing rulings which made new in... Read more
1. regular; ordinary (e.g. session of parliament)usu. ていれい
2. established usage; precedent; regular practice