Words — 116 found
1. to lose (something); to mislayUsually written using kana alone
- She lost her new watch.
2. to get rid of; to eliminate; to removeUsually written using kana alone
- To get the nation's economy out of the red, more foreign aid had to be pumped in.
失くす: Irregular kanji usage.
1. death; mortality
- う 。
- We were shocked at the news of his death.
2. to die; to pass away
- His wife was killed in the accident.
1. escape; flight; running away; elopement; fleeing
1. to go to ruin; to go under; to fall; to be destroyed; to die out; to become extinct; to perish
1. downfall; ruin; collapse; destruction
1. to destroy; to overthrow; to wreck; to ruin
亡ぼす 【ほろぼす】、滅す 【ほろぼす】
滅す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. death rate; mortality rate
2. Mortality rateMortality rate is a measure of the number of deaths (in g... Read more
1. flight from one's country; seeking asylum; defection; emigration (for political reasons); (going into) exile; becoming a (political) refugee
2. DefectionIn politics, a defector is a person who gives up allegian... Read more
1. departed spirit; soul of the dead
2. ghost; apparition
3. GhostIn traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or... Read more
1. the dead; ghostBuddhist term
2. person who is obsessed (with money, power, etc.); person with a blind lust (for)usu. as 〜の亡者