Words — 1290 found
1. back (of body)
2. Human backThe human back is the large posterior area of the human b... Read more
1. junior high school; middle school; lower secondary school
2. Middle schoolMiddle School and Junior High School are levels of school... Read more
1. lunch; midday meal
- He is having lunch now.
2. food served at a tea party (tea ceremony)usu. 中食
3. LunchLuncheon, commonly abbreviated to lunch, is a middle of t... Read more
昼食 【ちゅうじき】、中食 【ちゅうじき】、昼食 【ひるげ】、昼餉 【ひるげ】
1. center; centre; middle; heart; core; focus; pivot; emphasis; balance
2. -centered; -centred; -focused; -oriented; centered on; focused on
3. Centre (geometry)In geometry, the centre (or center) of an object is a poi... Read more
1. belly; abdomen; stomachPolite (teineigo)
御腹 【おなか】、お中 【おなか】、御中 【おなか】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. Middle Ages (in Japan esp. the Kamakura and Muromachi periods); medieval times; mediaeval times
2. Middle AgesThe Middle Ages is a period of European history encompass... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. middle-age; middle age; midlife; one's middle years
2. Middle ageMiddle age is the period of age beyond young adulthood bu... Read more
1. on the way; en route
2. in the middle of; midway
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. Neutrality (international relations)A neutral power in a particular war is a sovereign state ... Read more
1. middle of the night; dead of night
1. centre; center; middle; heart
2. metropolis; capital city; central governmentAntonym: 地方 ちほう
1. suspension; stoppage; discontinuance; interruption
1. society; the world; the times
1. concentration; focusing; convergence; centralization; integration; gathering together
2. within a collection of works
1. whole year; all year round; throughout the year
2. always; all the time; perpetuallyOnly applies to ねんじゅう, Only applies to ねんぢゅう
3. during an era
4. middle class (of a nursery school, etc.)Only applies to ねんちゅう
年じゅう 【ねんじゅう】、年中 【ねんちゅう】、年中 【ねんぢゅう】
1. used; second-hand; old
- That used refrigerator was a real dog.
2. Middle AgesOnly applies to ちゅうこ
1. to be hit; to strikeAntonym: 外す
- あ 。
- He fired but missed.
2. to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
3. to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to
- The cherry blossom is to Japan what the rose is to England.
4. to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.)
- あ 。
- Strange to say, his prediction has come true.
5. to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win
- あ 。
- I got a camera in a lottery.
6. to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
7. to face; to confront
8. to lie (in the direction of)
9. to undertake; to be assigned
10. to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted
- He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
11. to be called on (e.g. by a teacher)
12. to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
13. to be unnecessaryas 〜するには当たらない, etc.
14. to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streakBaseball term, usu. as 当たっている
15. to feel a bite (in fishing)
16. (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
17. to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
18. to shave
19. to be a relative of a person; to be a ... in relation to ...; to stand in a relationshipas 〜の〜に当たる
当る 【あたる】、中る 【あたる】、中たる 【あたる】
1. very; considerably; easily; readily; fairly; quite; highly; ratherUsually written using kana alone
- He is a good joker.
2. by no means; not readilyUsually written using kana alone, with a verb in the negative
- Don't forget that good jobs are very hard to come by these days.
3. middle; half-way point
4. excellent; wonderful; very goodUsually written using kana alone
仲々 【なかなか】、中中 【なかなか】
仲々: Irregular kanji usage.