Words — 2 found
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computing
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food, cooking, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. to open (e.g. doors)esp. 開く
- あ 。
- The door yielded to a strong push.
2. to open (e.g. business, etc.)esp. 開く
3. to be emptyesp. 空く
- ある 。
- With first base open, he walked the batter.
4. to be vacant; to be available; to be freeesp. 空く
- Are you free after school?
5. to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)esp. 明く
6. to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
7. to come to an endesp. 明く
8. to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
9. to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)See also 穴が開く
- あ 。
- The leather jacket has worn out at the elbows.
空く 【あく】、明く 【あく】