Words — 78 found
- He whispered something in her ear.
- かよ 。
- She goes to a school for the deaf.
3. edge; crust
4. selvedge (non-fray machined edge of fabrics); selvage
5. EarThe ear is the organ that detects sound. It not only rece... Read more
1. hard (on the ears); offensive (to the ear); rasping; rough; harsh; grating; jarring; cacophonous
1. welcome (news); inviting; encouraging; tempting; hopeful
1. whispering into a person's ear
耳うち 【みみうち】、耳打 【みみうち】
耳打: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. tinnitus; ringing in the earsMedicine, etc. term
2. TinnitusTinnitus is the perception of sound within the human ear ... Read more
1. earwax; cerumen
2. EarwaxEarwax, also known by the medical term cerumen, is a yell... Read more
耳あか 【みみあか】、耳垢 【じこう】
1. to hear; to hear by chance; to hear by accident; to catch (the sound)
1. to lend an ear; to hearken; to give an ear to; to listen carefullyIdiomatic expression
1. to listen carefully; to strain one's earsSee also 澄ます すます
1. to be told or made to hear something so often that you (metaphorically) get calluses on your ears
耳にたこができる 【みみにたこができる】、耳に胼胝ができる 【みみにたこができる】
1. all at once (usu. of payment); at one goColloquialism
- Aren't you paying for the damages in full?
1. being quick-eared; having sharp ears; being first to know about somethingSee also 耳の早い
耳が速い 【みみがはやい】、耳がはやい 【みみがはやい】
2. ear cleaning (with an earpick)
3. Ear pickEar picks, also called ear scoops, or ear spoons, are a t... Read more
1. Utricularia bifida (species of bladderwort)Usually written using kana alone
2. Utricularia bifidaUtricularia bifida is a small annual carnivorous plant th... Read more