Words — 94 found
1. thread; yarn; string
2. YarnThis article is about the fibre product. For the type of ... Read more
Common word Links
1. beginning; start; first step
- あ 、
- People usually find it very difficult to break the ice when they meet someone extremely attractive for the first time.
2. clue; lead; hint
- み 。
- He took a slight hint as the start and found the correct answer.
3. thread end
緒 【いとぐち】、絲口 【いとぐち】
絲口: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. spinning wheel
2. Spinning wheelA spinning wheel is a device for spinning thread or yarn ... Read more
1. fine line
2. weight of thread
3. slit-eyedColloquialism, Vulgar expression or word
- おとこ 。
- Hiroshi Itsuki has slits for eyes.
1. sponge gourd (Luffa aegyptiaca); Egyptian cucumber; Vietnamese luffa; dishrag gourdUsually written using kana alone
2. loofah; loofa; vegetable spongeUsually written using kana alone
3. something uselessUsually written using kana alone, metaphorically, generally in negative sentences
- Who cares about bad manners?
天糸瓜 【へちま】、糸爪 【へちま】、ヘチマ
へちま: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). へちま: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). へちま: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 糸爪: Irregular kanji usage.
1. three-spined stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus)Usually written using kana alone
3. Three-spined sticklebackThe three-spined stickleback, Gasterosteus aculeatus, is ... Read more
1. to pull (the puppet) strings; to direct things from behind the scenes
- ちが 。
- Somebody must be at the bottom of this affair.
2. to stretch out (and keep going); to linger on
- き 。
- Our transactions with that firm have continued unbroken since my father's generation.
1. to fish; to have a line in the water
- いとをたれ 。
- Several men are fishing from the riverbank.
1. Itoigawa-Shizuoka Tectonic Line
2. Itoigawa-Shizuoka Tectonic Line, also Ito Shizu Sen (糸静線) is a major fault on Honshu isl... Read more
1. telephone made from two cans and a piece of string
2. Tin can telephoneA tin can telephone is a type of voice-transmitting devic... Read more
2. GlomerulusIn the kidney, a tubular structure called the nephron fil... Read more
1. golden threadfin bream (Nemipterus virgatus); besugoUsually written using kana alone
2. Nemipterus virgatusNemipterus virgatus, also known as the golden threadfin b... Read more
1. African pompano (Alectis ciliaris)Usually written using kana alone
2. African pompanoThe African pompano, Alectis ciliaris, (also known as the... Read more
1. lint (as in a clothes dryer or a pocket); waste thread; fibers, such as might wrap around the gears in small mechanisms and cause them to jam; fluffSee also 綿ぼこり
1. damselfly (Zygoptera spp.); demoiselleUsually written using kana alone
糸蜻蛉 【いととんぼ】、豆娘 【いととんぼ】、イトトンボ