Words — 6 found
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. being left in an awkward position; being put in a dilemma; being in a fix; losing face
1. standing form of "cape" charactervar. of 崎 with 立 in the top right
1. it is simply common courtesy to clean up after yourself; a bird does not foul the nest it is about to leave; on leaving a place, one should see that all is in good orderProverb, See also 跡を濁す あとをにごす
立つ鳥あとを濁さず 【たつとりあとをにごさず】、立つ鳥後を濁さず 【たつとりあとをにごさず】
立つ鳥後を濁さず: Irregular kanji usage.