Words — 113 found
2. ups and downsIdiomatic expression
3. Wind waveIn fluid dynamics, wind waves or, more precisely, wind-ge... Read more
浪 【なみ】、濤 【なみ】
2. WavelengthIn physics, the wavelength of a sinusoidal wave is the sp... Read more
1. ripple; ring on the water
3. Japanese slit drum; instrument made of iron with slits on top; makes a rippling soundMusic term
1. to dash against (of waves); to billow; to roll
2. to wave (e.g. in the wind); to heave; to pound (of a heart); to undulate
- なみう 。
- She heaved her chest.
1. wind and waves
2. strife; discord; dissension
- A gift of cheesecake is apparently good to soothe discord.
1. stormy and full of drama; many drastic events in the course of events; full of ups and downs; with many vicissitudesYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to be choppy (of waves); to be rough; to run high; to billow; to swell; to ripple
- ゆれうご 。
- The boat danced on the choppy water.
2. to wave (e.g. in the wind); to beat fast (of a heart)
3. to be in turmoil; to be in discord; to have troubles; to experience problems
1. PersiaUsually written using kana alone, See also イラン
波斯 【ペルシア】、波斯 【ハルシャ】
波斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 波斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading. ハルシャ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 波斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. wave motion; undulation; surge
2. wavePhysics terminology
3. WaveIn physics, a wave is a disturbance or oscillation that t... Read more
1. water's edge; beach; foreshore
波打際 【なみうちぎわ】、波うちぎわ 【なみうちぎわ】、浪打際 【なみうちぎわ】、浪打ち際 【なみうちぎわ】
1. to be discordant; to have discordIdiomatic expression
- こわ 、
- I'm afraid of discord arising with my husband so I'm turning a blind eye to his mistress.