1. hot; warm; sultry; heatedAntonym: 寒い
- It is the hottest this summer.
2. passionate; impassioned; burning (desire, etc.)
3. on everybody's mind; on the radar; du jour; interested (gaze, etc.)
Common word Links
1. summer greeting card; inquiry after someone's health in the hot seasonYojijukugo (four character compound), See also 暑中お見舞い
1. summer greeting card; inquiry after someone's health in the hot seasonSee also 暑中見舞い
- もうしあ 。
- How are you getting along in this hot weather?
1. sultry; sweltering; stuffy; oppressively hot
2. uncomfortably hot-looking (clothing, etc.); stuffy-looking
1. summer greeting card; inquiry after someone's health in the hot seasonSee also 暑中見舞
1. being sensitive to the heat; person who is sensitive to the heatSee also 寒がり
1. summer heat; hot weather
2. heatstrokeArchaism, Only applies to あつけ, See also 暑気中り
あつけ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to appear to suffer from the heat; to complain of the heat; to swelter