Words — 9 found
1. to hit; to strike; to knock; to beat; to punch; to slap; to tap; to bang; to clap; to poundalso written as 拍つ, 搏つ, 撲つ, 擣つ
- う 。
- I fell down the stairs and hit my back very hard.
2. to strike (noon, etc.); to sound (cymbals, etc.); to beat (a drum, etc.)
- It has just struck eight, hasn't it?
3. to beat (rhythmically, e.g. pulse, waves, etc.)
- う 。
- The rain whipped against the window.
4. to move; to impress; to touch
- We were awed into silence when we heard the story.
5. to drive in; to hammer in; to put in; to inject; to vaccinate
6. to type; to send; to transmit
- はや 。
- The new secretary types faster than the old one.
7. to insert; to write in; to mark
8. to make (noodles, etc.); to prepare
9. to till (soil)
10. to sprinkle; to throw; to cast
11. to do; to carry out; to play; to perform; to engage in (gambling, etc.)
- I was hitting the slots, and before I knew it, it's this time already.
12. to pay (a deposit, etc.)
13. to visit (on a pilgrimage)
14. to line (a coat)
15. to bind (a criminal)
1. to strike against; to collide with; to bump into; to conflictUsually written using kana alone
2. to encounter; to meet
3. to clash
1. head-to-head training; drill consisting of pushing and being pushed; battering practiceSumo
1. collision; bumping intoUsually written using kana alone
2. head-to-head training; drill consisting of pushing and being pushed; battering practiceSumo, Usually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also ぶつかり稽古