Words — 6 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. that (indicating something distant from both speaker and listener (in space, time or psychologically), or something understood without naming it directly)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 此れ, See also 其れ
- That is the main street of this city.
2. that person (used to refer to one's equals or inferiors)
- だいじょうぶ ！
- Yeah, she must be the sure thing!
3. over thereArchaism
4. down there (i.e. one's genitals)Colloquialism, Only applies to あれ
- Down there hurts, down there. Er, what do you call them? Testicles? In any case a male's 'important parts'.
5. period; mensesColloquialism, Only applies to あれ
6. hey (expression of surprise, suspicion, etc.); huh?; eh?Usually written using kana alone
- "Eh? Where's Keiko?" "Said she's got a parent and child meeting so she'll be late."
7. that (something mentioned before which is distant psychologically or in terms of time)Usually written using kana alone
あ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. this and that; this or that; one thing or another; this way and thatUsually written using kana alone
- He is always complaining of this and that.
2. around; about; round about; roughly; nearly; almostUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to かれこれ
- I have taken everything into consideration.
彼是 【あれこれ】、彼此 【かれこれ】、彼此 【ひし】