Words — 116 found
1. seat; place
- てにい 。
- Finally she attained a position of power.
2. position; status
- This is a direct broadcast from the Showa theater.
3. gathering; party; company; atmosphere (of a gathering)
4. stand; pedestal; platform
5. (historical) trade guild
6. attaches to the names of constellations
7. attaches to the names of theatres, cinemas and theatrical troupes
8. counter for theatres, deities, Buddhist images, tall mountains, and satokagura songsSee also 里神楽
9. Za (guilds)The za were one of the primary types of trade guilds in f... Read more
2. SeatA seat is place to sit, often referring to the area one s... Read more
1. to sit; to squat
- すわ 、
- た 。
- Some students were sitting on the bench and having lunch.
2. to assume (a position)
3. to hold steady; to hold stillesp. 据わる, 据る
坐る 【すわる】、据わる 【すわる】、据る 【すわる】
据る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. zabuton (flat floor cushion used when sitting or kneeling; usu. rectangular)
2. ZabutonA zabuton (座布団) is a Japanese cushion for sitting. The za... Read more
座ぶとん 【ざぶとん】、座蒲団 【ざぶとん】、坐蒲団 【ざぶとん】
1. zazen (seated Zen meditation, usu. in a cross-legged position)Buddhism
2. ZazenIn Zen Buddhism, zazen is a meditative discipline practit... Read more
1. to sit down (and refuse to move); to sit-in (in protest)
座りこむ 【すわりこむ】、坐り込む 【すわりこむ】、坐りこむ 【すわりこむ】
1. (by) one's side; nearby location; place close to one's person; area by one's hand
2. youHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, epistolary style, sometimes also used as the name of the recipient
JLPT N1 Links
1. coordinate; coordinates
2. Coordinate systemIn geometry, a coordinate system is a system which uses o... Read more
1. tatami room; tatami mat room; formal Japanese room
2. dinner party in a tatami room (esp. when a geisha or maiko attends)
坐敷: Irregular kanji usage.
1. one's desk-side book
- This book is a must for every student studying English.
1. running aground; being stranded; grounding; beaching
2. Ship groundingShip grounding is a type of marine accident that involves... Read more
2. leader of a troupe; proprietor of a theatrical company
1. remaining an idle spectator; looking on unconcernedly (doing nothing)