Words — 24 found
1. to step on; to tread on; to trample on
- The man did not so much as apologize for stepping on my foot.
2. to set foot on (e.g. foreign soil); to stand on; to visit
3. to experience; to undergo
- Her first appearance on the stage was in 1969.
4. to follow (rules, principles, etc.); to go through (e.g. formalities); to complete
- No matter what you do, you must follow the correct order.
5. to estimate; to guess; to judge; to value; to appraise
- I had expected stronger resistance from the enemy but if anything there are less of them as we advance to the centre... Don't you think that's strange?
6. to rhymeSee also 韻を踏む
7. to succeed to (e.g. the throne)
履む 【ふむ】、践む 【ふむ】
1. to put on (lower-body clothing, e.g. pants, skirt, footwear); to wearusu. 履く or 穿く
- These shoes are too tight to get into.
2. to affix (a sword to one's hip)usu. 佩く or 帯く
3. to affix (a bowstring to a bow)Archaism
佩く 【はく】、穿く 【はく】、着く 【はく】、帯く 【はく】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. personal history; background; career
2. log; record; history
3. hysteresisAbbreviation, See also 履歴現象 りれきげんしょう
1. personal history; curriculum vitae; resume
2. Curriculum vitaeA curriculum vitae (CV), (also spelled curriculum vitæ), ... Read more
Common word Links
1. performance (of a duty); fulfillment (of a promise); fulfilment; execution (of a contract); discharge; implementation
1. to put on (another's shoes by mistake); to put (shoes) on the wrong feet
2. to mistake (one thing for another); to confuse; to have a mistaken idea of; to misunderstand
- はきちがえ 。
- These answers confuse cause with consequence.
はき違える 【はきちがえる】、履違える 【はきちがえる】
1. footwear; footgear; shoes
2. FootwearFootwear consists of garments worn on the feet, for fashi... Read more
1. to change (lower-body clothing: shoes, pants, skirt, etc.)
- Please put on these slippers.
2. to put on (the wrong shoes)See also 履き違える
履きかえる 【はきかえる】、履替える 【はきかえる】
1. tank tread; continuous track; caterpillar track; endless track; crawler track
1. Emperor Richuu; Richuu Tenno
2. Emperor RichūEmperor Richū was the 17th emperor of Japan, according to... Read more
1. to wear (new footwear) for the first timeObscure term